Ramsey Campbell Interview

Fine interview. I've bookmarked it so I can copy and paste the next time complains "horror" doesn't scare them: It's not always the prime objective.

Randy M.

Thanks for linking to this. I particular, I find this very cheering:

I wake up pretty nearly every morning with a sense that the work in progress isn’t worth the effort, only for ideas to occur to me and prove the depression wrong. Ultimately, all you can do is believe that your work is worthwhile.

Thanks for linking to this. I particular, I find this very cheering:

I wake up pretty nearly every morning with a sense that the work in progress isn’t worth the effort, only for ideas to occur to me and prove the depression wrong. Ultimately, all you can do is believe that your work is worthwhile.
And maybe the reaction to that doubt is what actually helps generate some tension in the ideas. Helps bring a bit of controlled conflict. Maybe. Hopefully.

I must say, as a well established amateur with many years under my belt, I experience a shadowy thing looming over me most days I sit down to write. :)

I have stuck a piece of paper over my computer saying ...
"Welcome fool. You have come of your own free will to the appointed place."
... just to remind me it's my choice to do this. So my genuine symapthies go out to anyone relying on writing for an income.

I love it. Good Luck!