What Are Your Favorite Films Made by Hammer?

Ah. So many. The Serpent. The Gorgon.
Quatermass and the pit - the drillman Sladden being pursued by the psychic storm. Terrifying.

And yours?

Which Hammer Films are your favorites ? :)

Kiss of the Vampire.
This is the coolest twist on the Dracula legend that Hammer ever did.
It is an bit odd ball but great style and class.

Hammer ,in their heyday, was in a film realm of its own. Taking the old Universal horror stories and 'upping' them. They had available a stable of fine British film actors and within budget production design that was sharper and framed with a lot of style.

I thought they made a class Werewolf movie, and their Mummy films sort of shinned.

I remember in the late 50's when they did their take on Dracula and Frankenstein me and my friends were surprised at seeing a different take on the horror film.

There seems no place for a maker of films like these today.

Kiss of the Vampire.

Hammer ,in their heyday, was in a film realm of its own. Taking the old Universal horror stories and 'upping' them. They had available a stable of fine British film actors and within budget production design that was sharper and framed with a lot of style.

I thought they made a class Werewolf movie, and their Mummy films sort of shinned.

I remember in the late 50's when they did their take on Dracula and Frankenstein me and my friends were surprised at seeing a different take on the horror film.

Hammer films had class, style and a excellent writing which seems to be lacking in today horror films.

No contest! It has to be the On the Buses film trilogy:eek:

Everyone remembers their horror output, but manages to blank out their offerings 'based on the TV series', with good reason.

Actually, I always liked their Dennis Wheatley adaptations - The Devil Rides Out (film) - Wikipedia and To the Devil a Daughter - Wikipedia

And does anyone remember this Sci-Fi offering? Moon Zero Two - Wikipedia - because I don't:unsure:
OTB tried to get into horror too.
images

Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde 1971 This one has such a wonderfully twisted take on Robert Louis Stevenson's novel. :D

Kiss of the Vampire.

Todays film makers ought to study Hammer films and how they were made.:)

Todays film makers ought to study Hammer films and how they were made.:)
Tell ya, there seem to be an uncountable number of 'horror' films per year right now. Most , if not all, have no edge to them , are muddled, and not scary! These films actually make enough money to attract more limp and pedestrian films ???!!!

I'll be honest, the first couple of Paranormal Activity films really gave me trouble sleeping. I think the first one was a master class in tension-building: every time the 'footage' started to fast-forward I would get butterflies in my tummy.

Tell ya, there seem to be an uncountable number of 'horror' films per year right now. Most , if not all, have no edge to them , are muddled, and not scary! These films actually make enough money to attract more limp and pedestrian films ???!!!

Modern filmakers just don't have a clue.