The great and powerful amazon

tinkerdan

candycane shrimp
x(squared)+y(squared)=r(squared) : when x~infinity
I recently ordered a number of items with amazon July 30th
And later the same day order a handful more.
Then on august 1 I ordered another handful.

And where is this going?

I do not have a prime account and I always order enough for free shipping standard shipping and usually the orders get to me anywhere from three to six days.

However this time I've been checking and even though every item I ordered was listed as in-stock and ready to ship all three orders have not shipped at all. It looks as though they are holding on to them so that they won't get here any sooner that seven or more days and if they wait any longer they will have to ship it two days to get it here before the standard shipping 5 to 9 day shipping estimate arrives and goes past.

Has anyone else ever noticed that they hang onto orders just to delay delivery. I suppose they could just be so busy they can't put my orders together. Maybe their system is broken.

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Yes. I've noticed recently that this has been happening (and I've also been inundated with emails in the run up to Prime Day telling me how good Prime is). Coincidence? I don't think so.

tinkerdan

candycane shrimp
From Amazon: Answers to my inquiries have been.
"You can be assured that we will be shipping those in the most efficient manner."
What's annoying is that at the same time I ordered these items I ordered books from some of their affiliated book sellers and those were free shipping also and they not only responded the first day to let me know that they had my order--they all responded to say they had shipped the same day.
I have all three of those already delivered and amazon has yet to ship my orders.
So, who is being efficient?

I tend to gauge those plans by how well they treat their general customers; before I decide to buy into anything special. If it take 6 days to assemble items that are in stock then how in the world could you possible offer 2 day delivery? Not to mention same day delivery.

Last edited:

dwndrgn

Fierce Vowelless One
One of the big issues is that they don't have enough people to deliver things and all resources get put to shipping those two day items first. They use every independent and not shipper available and they are still as busy as can be. This is from a friend who works for them.

tinkerdan

candycane shrimp
Well, after 12 hours from my chat with a representative--all three orders appear to have been stuffed into one shipment and went out according to tracking.

I suppose shipping them all together might seem efficient.
Perhaps they were waiting to see if I would order anything else that they could add.

tinkerdan

candycane shrimp
The package with all three orders showed up wed the 8th.
I looked back and the English for free standard delivery is 5-8 days so if we take off a day for Sunday they just squeaked under the wire. Though I've received a number of packages(from amazon)on a Sunday so maybe we shouldn't take that off.
So it took three days to deliver--and 6 for handling. I always forget about handling. Not this time though and I made sure I washed everything thoroughly; just in case.

Last edited: