Patrick Stewart returns as Picard to lead new Star Trek series

It seems he is living at Chateau Picard, the Picard family vineyards in La Barre, France, which produce red wine. It is 15 years since Admiral Picard commanded the greatest rescue armada in history, following which he left Starfleet.
That would seem to fit with my earlier post:
There's also a Chateau Picard red wine from St Estephe in Bordeaux (and very nice it is too) which seems much more Picard's style than frozen foods!
Although the fictional one is in Haut-Saone rather than Bordeaux. Shame as I have two bottles of the Bordeaux one!

Wow!

Before you comment, I want to remind a few of you, this is exactly what you were asking - a series taking place post ST:TNG! :D

As Admiral he led the greatest Armada of all to rescue people on Romulas years before and now he's out of Star Fleet . It beg the quarry not what have could happened on that mission that caused him to leave Star Fleet? Interesting when yo see the open shot of vinard , the Vine support looks like crosses. Perhaps something went disastrously wrong with fleet causing massive loss of life of which Picard blames himself?

The fact that that it deals with destruction of Romulas, implies means that the alt Kelvin time line still exists in some other universe.

I didn't hear a mention of Romulus in that trailer. Are there more trailers?

Picard is a popular French surname. It wouldn't surprise me to find there were several real Chateau Picards.

Why does everyone hate Wesley so much?

I never hated him, but I think for some fans he just never "clicked" with them as part of the crew they really liked. I think one issue was that he tended to gain his benefits and genius and such without as much apparent effort as many felt he needed. It might also be that he stood out somewhat since he was the only young member of the core cast, whilst the rest were top level commanders and staff with lots of experience (in both the setting and as actors). So that might well have made him stand out more.

I think it was lessons learned in DS9 because there instead of the "token child" we have several who appear through the series and we see them earn their stripes far more so. Heck we even see Sisko's child fail/shy away from Starfleet and instead becoming a reporter. Meanwhile their token genius in the medical Dr spent a lot of the early series hiding his gift whilst at the same time also showing that he still had much to learn and was still quite green in many areas.