• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Patrick Stewart returns as Picard to lead new Star Trek series

Matteo

There's been a leak about the first episode - and it also looks like Patrick Stewart has been involved in the script.

In the opening sequence he's alone in the gardens at the Starfleet Academy and he hears a scream.

A young female recruit comes running toward him and all of a sudden all her clothes fall off.

You can see everything...

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
I've created a new forum and moved this post. People (I won't call them fans and annoy @Cathbad ) are already complaining about the the comments made that this will not be an "action" series. Personally, I do find that statement a little odd. You cannot make drama without some action. I think they are just setting the bar lower to avoid high expectations not being met later. There must be some action, but seeing old men doing back-flips and martial arts, flying kicks, or even the original series series actors complete with corsets and wigs, well it stretches belief. I see this as being a more "cerebral" TV show, and therefore in the tradition of the original Star Trek.

Vladd67

Stake Holder
Supporter
So what’s it going to be? Admiral Picard? Dean Picard? Ambassador Picard? Senator Picard? Or Picard Galactic troubleshooter, solver of problems for Governments, the military, and industry? What do you feel the future holds for the Captain?

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
So what’s it going to be? Admiral Picard? Dean Picard? Ambassador Picard? Senator Picard? Or Picard Galactic troubleshooter, solver of problems for Governments, the military, and industry? What do you feel the future holds for the Captain?
I think it will be in the Academy. I fear it will be "Galactic Troubleshooter".

farntfar

She turned me into a newt.
In France, Picard is a chain of frozen food shops, similar to Iceland in Britain and with a door to door sales service.

What better cover for a Cathbad's galactic troubleshooter.
He could turn up on a baddy's front door, not with a Starfleet badge, but with the words,
"Hello. My name is Jean-Luc Picard. Would you like to order some fishfingers?"

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
At least CBS had the good sense to not try bringing Picard back with anyone but Stewart in the role.
He can add a little Professor X DNA to Picard's and serve as the brains of the series, leaving the action to the rest of the cast.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
In France, Picard is a chain of frozen food shops, similar to Iceland in Britain and with a door to door sales service.

What better cover for a Cathbad's galactic troubleshooter.
He could turn up on a baddy's front door, not with a Starfleet badge, but with the words,
"Hello. My name is Jean-Luc Picard. Would you like to order some fishfingers?"
I was going to say much the same thing. :)

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
Amongst others taking part, there are (according to Wikipedia:
  • Santiago Cabrera as the pilot of Picard's ship (and a skilled thief).
  • Michelle Hurd as a former intelligence officer.
Make of this what you will.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Picard's Angels. Jean-Luc is reduced to a voice in a box.

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
I just thought of another possibility: With as many problems/infiltrations Starfleet has had, perhaps he is running a covert group against Starfleet infiltrators? Or even his own insurrection?

Overread

All Hail Skaven!
What if he's like Charlie? Never ever actually appearing save in dark rooms as only a shadowy hint of his arm. Instead he communicates to the ship at the start and end of most episodes via a voice only communicator. Giving them secret missions that only they can achieve each week.