August 2018 100 Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
The August 100 anonymous challenge starts here!

The them is Trial

The genre is Science Fiction or Fantasy.

I will host.

PM your entries to me and I will post them to the story thread.

The challenge will end around the end of the month. Details closer to the time.

"Final Exam" -- This wry tale of magic demonstrates how vital it is to get all the details right.

"Nolo Contendere" -- This little play reveals how easily it is to fall into paradox.

"Racing Trials Today - Monster Robots!" -- This witty combination of fantasy and science fiction shows how the imitation is often confused with the reality.

"Here's looking at you.." -- This theological drama depicts the great importance of that which we take for granted.

"Speed trial" -- This vision of future technology vividly conveys the appeal of new methods of transportation.

"Size Does matter" -- This clever tale of future conflict emphasizes the importance of details.

"If Only!" -- This powerful allegory of life's challenges demonstrates the how we should take advantage of second chances.

"Weir There's a Will" -- This dark comedy of the business world provides an example of how to change conditions to one's advantage.

A reasonable number of entries so far.

I'm away for a long week end this Thursday (back next Tuesday). I should have internet access whilst I'm away but just in case if anyone else is thinking of entering then sooner rather than later please.

I'll probably close the challenge and open a poll round about Wednesday the 29th.

Where, Kind Sir, is the poll?

Edit: Never mind. Found it! (It was well down the Workshop threads list.)

It was another coin toss for me. The coin landed on its edge, finally tipping over in favor of Just as I Thought... over Nolo Contendre!

As ever, it's very difficult to choose one. I can usually dismiss one or two straightaway, but not this month :unsure:
However, I managed to whittle it down to Size Does Matter and Final Exam

My virtual coin toss came down on the Final Exam side, but probably only because I'm reading Trudi Canavan's The Magicians' Guild at the moment.

I voted for the first story Final Exam.

I almost went for story 3 "Monster Robot etc" cos i thought that was very good too

Good stories all but the most thought-provoking was "Here's looking at you". If "The eyes are the portals to the soul", then this accuser would slam that door shut. I'm left hoping the deity has another trick up his sleeve. Good luck all and thanx 4 the " looks into your souls "

Trial by 100 Anon

Final Exam - Magic get's fouled-up. Funny, and tasty as a bucket of chicken.

Nolo Contendere - A wonderful tale, that I believe Mr Asimov would enjoy.

Racing Trials Today - Monster Robots! - I hope the talking dragon wins. Very cool.

Here's looking at you - Aww. Give the Deity a break. He was only being benevolent. Marvelous.

Die! Die you scum sucking flies! - As a "bug hunter/destroyer" myself, I enjoyed this tale.

Speed trial - I likes me a good vehicle story. This would definitely be a wild race to watch.

Size Does Matter - Heh heh. If there's a "loop hole" in the rule book, there's a way. Excellent.

If Only! - A trial run at LIFE!!! Sign me up. I could really come out on top. Outstanding.

Weir There's a Will - A delightfully disturbing tale. Heal boys! HEAL!!! That's it! No squeaky toys!

Eternal Judgement - Drifting through space among the galaxies. Heck yeah! You got my vote.

Just As I Thought... - Using mind control to benefit oneself, would be awfully tempting. Well done fun.