Any new science fiction films that are cool or different that anyone knows about??

X The Unknown 1956 one the best science fiction Horror films of all time

Quatermass and the Pit 1967 another great science fiction film and one of the inspirations for X Files

I recommend The 1958 Quatermass and the Pit six part tv serial.(y):cool:

Quatermass II (Enemy from Space) took a plot element , a cliché for many films, and turned it on its ear. Quatermass discovers an Alien Instillation in the 'wilds' of England. So he goes to the authorities , does he tell them it is off-world aliens with an alien plant of sinister intent? NO , he tell them a lie that they would believe, like there are Soviet Spys out there doing something. They come to see. Great!!
Quatermass is great in every incarnation. Even the most recent ones make me wish there was a regular Quatermass series.

Quatermass is great in every incarnation. Even the most recent ones make me wish there was a regular Quatermass series.

I bet some don't like the idea , but I would like to see Quatermass and the Pit redone because as great as the 60's film is it was budget limited and stage bound. It would of course have to be done at the same intelligent level as the first one.

I bet some don't like the idea , but I would like to see Quatermass and the Pit redone because as great as the 60's film is it was budget limited and stage bound. It would of course have to be done at the same intelligent level as the first one.

It's amazing what Director Roy Ward Baker and the producers was able achieve wit the budget he had. If they remade this film, There are 3 director who I think do justice toQuatermas, David Cronenberg, Guillermo Del Toro and Alex Proyas

Also has anyone watched Electric Dreams on Amazon? So good!
It was good, about 50 years too late, oddly all the stories were written before 1956!
The did change the best story of the group Autofac , I was disappointed in that.

I just heard about the film Upgrade did anyone see that?

Hard to tell about that film, if has imagination and is clever might be good.
Seen a number of 'smaller' SF films in recent years , only one that really stands out is Predestination
, adaptation of a Robert Heinlein story , really well done.

Back