Disenchantment

So, I started s3 last night, & if I had been an hour earlier, I likely would have finished it. Very much fun. As it is, I watched only 3 eps.

I watched the first two episodes ages ago and wasn't impressed. Would you say it gets a lot better, or is it probably just not for me?

I watched the first two episodes ages ago and wasn't impressed. Would you say it gets a lot better, or is it probably just not for me?

It has Matt Berry in it. Is that not enough? :giggle:
from this thread Year of the Rabbit

I've been watching a Netflix animation created by Matt Groening called Disenchantment which is now into a second series. I just realised that the voice of the pig was Matt Berry. I looked it up to check and found out Noel Fielding is also a voice actor in it as Stan the Executioner.

I expect I'll be watching the 3rd Season, but it isn't top of my favourite things.

I think it gets better. I nearly stopped watching after the first couple of episodes but didn't regret continuing.

Who is that cat character mimicking? :unsure: I know it must be some well-known comedian from the past!

If you mean the real cat (the new character rather than Luci the demon) then he sounds like Brains from Top Cat/Boss Cat.

And Richard Ayoade is Alva Gunderson.

Last edited:
Could be; it is not just the voice, it is the way he speaks. Hmm, after looking at the Wiki page, it seems TC has some sophisticated humor; I might just check it out. I have not seen it as an adult.

Likewise. It wasn't bad, just not great.

Just finished S3; not bad, just not very good. I guess assessment that is based on comedy, rather than other elements. I certainly like it, & will continue watching it. I might even watch from the beginning after a few months, as I usually watch anime series about 4 episodes nightly, and am now in S5 of RANMA, which will be my 3rd time. I just have trouble finding lengthy series to satisfy my desires. I guess I could start watching ONE PIECE from the beginning again, but at about 1k episodes already, I somewhat dread the thought.

I guess I can characterize this show as having a subtle humor similar to that of ARCHER. :unsure:

Back