Disenchantment

Jeffbert

So, I started s3 last night, & if I had been an hour earlier, I likely would have finished it. Very much fun. As it is, I watched only 3 eps.

HareBrain

Smeerp of Wonder
Staff member
Supporter
I watched the first two episodes ages ago and wasn't impressed. Would you say it gets a lot better, or is it probably just not for me?

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I watched the first two episodes ages ago and wasn't impressed. Would you say it gets a lot better, or is it probably just not for me?
It has Matt Berry in it. Is that not enough? :giggle:
from this thread Year of the Rabbit

I've been watching a Netflix animation created by Matt Groening called Disenchantment which is now into a second series. I just realised that the voice of the pig was Matt Berry. I looked it up to check and found out Noel Fielding is also a voice actor in it as Stan the Executioner.
I expect I'll be watching the 3rd Season, but it isn't top of my favourite things.

Glaysher

I think it gets better. I nearly stopped watching after the first couple of episodes but didn't regret continuing.

Jeffbert

Who is that cat character mimicking? :unsure: I know it must be some well-known comedian from the past!

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
If you mean the real cat (the new character rather than Luci the demon) then he sounds like Brains from Top Cat/Boss Cat.

And Richard Ayoade is Alva Gunderson.

Last edited:

Jeffbert

Could be; it is not just the voice, it is the way he speaks. Hmm, after looking at the Wiki page, it seems TC has some sophisticated humor; I might just check it out. I have not seen it as an adult.

Jeffbert

Just finished S3; not bad, just not very good. I guess assessment that is based on comedy, rather than other elements. I certainly like it, & will continue watching it. I might even watch from the beginning after a few months, as I usually watch anime series about 4 episodes nightly, and am now in S5 of RANMA, which will be my 3rd time. I just have trouble finding lengthy series to satisfy my desires. I guess I could start watching ONE PIECE from the beginning again, but at about 1k episodes already, I somewhat dread the thought.

Jeffbert

I guess I can characterize this show as having a subtle humor similar to that of ARCHER. :unsure: