Discussion Thread -- August 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

First, thanks to all for the get well wishes.
I ended up in the hospital with a bunch of problems, sepsis ( blood poisoning ), infection in both kidneys, blood clots in both lungs and a hernia the size of a grapefruit, very sick.
Should be better in 6 to 8 weeks, about a year for the blood clots.

I'm posting my story but remember it was written by a guy that though the ambulance drove backwards the entire 17 miles to the hospital, and whose blood got so thin from Lovenox and Warfarin that a paper cut or nose bleeds would be dangerous.

Do It Yourself Witchcraft

He checked in last night with just a book and a bottle, now people gathered outside room 13 to get a peek inside. A bloody corpse sat in a chair, book in hand, bleeding from a thousand cuts.
" Fourth one this week," said Detective Tracy, " ever since that book came out."
" What do we call this?" asked Dano.
" Doors and windows locked from inside, hmm, murder by witchcraft or suicide by paper cuts, " joked Tracy.

@Bob Senior - You're an amazing man, Bob. An inspiration, and a gifted writer.

Detective Tracy is a cherry, on the top of your story, of chunky chewy goodness. Excellent blend of horror and humor.

@chrispenycate I've actually finished the story on August 2nd, but forgot to post it :)
And, the voting having finished and winner announced, (conga rats, oh unclean stripy one), you can now post your deathless prose (and try not to forget next time).

First, thanks to all for the get well wishes.
I ended up in the hospital with a bunch of problems, sepsis ( blood poisoning ), infection in both kidneys, blood clots in both lungs and a hernia the size of a grapefruit, very sick.
Should be better in 6 to 8 weeks, about a year for the blood clots.
Warfarin, too? I take one little blue pill and one bron, and they don't even have the excuse they're doing anything - just 'preventing something happening that might have done' - or not. And, when you need treatment "Oh, that is contradicted by the warfarin in your system" - "Oh, we can't operate until it's all cleared out."

I'm posting my story but remember it was written by a guy that though the ambulance drove backwards the entire 17 miles to the hospital, and whose blood got so thin from Lovenox and Warfarin that a paper cut or nose bleeds would be dangerous.

Ah, bureaucratic execution - death by a thousand paper cuts. Internationally accepted, no guilt required.

Get well soon - hospitals are horrible places to write.

CONGRATULATIONS THE DUSTY ZEBRA!

Thank you, everyone, for reading my story. To be honest, I couldn't think of anything under that subject so I let my hours of playing hidden object games tell me the story. lol.

Have a good weekend everybody.

@chrispenycate thanks, I hope is OK to post it here

Magical Books Emporium: The life and adventures of Oliver Barnard
"How much for the old notebook?"
"Not for sale."
"Five quids?"
The bookseller grinned.
"I'll tell you what, write something and if it likes you, you are its."
"Its?"
"Its!"
The old gentleman shrugged and dipped the quill pen in ink.
He wouldn't stop. Word by word, he written down himself to the paper. By the time he reached the end, he dissipated.
"Adventures sell well" the bookseller muttered, placing the book in the store window.

@nixie @The Judge Did we ever get a judgement on the date format crisis? It would be nice to know for future reference

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, and by way of a recap:
2018-08-31 - one word or three?
31/08/2018 - same question

Thanks

Back