Discussion Thread -- August 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Congrats, TDZ, on a thrilling at-the-wire victory! Well done to Cathbad, in second, and everyone else! So many good tales this month. I wonder - TDZ has two in a row...has there every been a three-peat??

A big thank you to TJ for the listing!

Dannymcg, that is a great, yet highly disturbing picture!

And @Starbeast - when I first read your story, I did a Google Translate on CALAMISTRATUS LARIDUM, and laughed when I saw it meant crispy bacon. :)

Looking forward - as always - to next month's Challenge, CC

Congratulations, TDZ! I voted for... TDZ. So, my "backing a winner" skills are undiminished, or something.

Thanks so much to @Glen and @scarpelius for the votes, and to anyone who mentioned me.

My congratulations to TDZ!

And my thanks to @The Judge for the mention.

I will be putting my story on the improvement/critique thread later for some sage advice so please have at it.

Two wins in a row, with a third on the cards?

Is TDZ inadvertantly revealing herself to be Nora K. Jemisin...?

Congratulations, @TheDustyZebra! And thanks for the vote, too, Dusty, and for the votes from Phyrebrat and Cat's Cradle. Very much appreciated. Also thanks to Stable, Parson, Hugh, chrispenycate, and Ursa major for the short listings. That was the closest race I've seen in a long time. Cathbad and Dusty managed to squeak past me.

@Starbeast - when I first read your story, I did a Google Translate on CALAMISTRATUS LARIDUM, and laughed when I saw it meant crispy bacon. :)

Heh heh. Originally I was going to use the Necronomicon, but I figured someone else will probably use that, and I discovered, a certain person did. YOU!!! Being an H.P. Lovecraft fan too (there are also many others here - the others. Heh heh), I instantly enjoyed your dark tale. Very cool man.

I did wonder if anyone was going to check out the title of the book I created. And, once again, it was you. Well done sir, and nice execution on your story too.

@Cathbad - you did an awesome job, but TheDustyZebra won the pillow fight.

@johnnyjet - Excellent effort bro. I enjoyed you eerie tale. Is that Rod Serling behind you? :eek: AHHH!

@TheDustyZebra - One wish, three choices. Absolutely terrific. But remember, if you win three in a row, that triggers the end of the world. Take your time thinking it over.

He stepped over the skeletons on the way out, muttering, “Every time….”

Back