The Last Kingdom: Season 3

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I have Season 2 on DVD but still need to watch it - probably when the kids go back to school, as it's not likely to be appropriate for them. :)

thaddeus6th

How times have changed.

When I were a lad, Defenders of the Earth killed Flash's wife in the first episode. Bucky O'Hare saw a good guy killed in the first episode too.

And don't get me started on The Animals of Farthing Wood.

Anyway. I hope The Last Kingdom migrates back to free-to-air TV, even if just as delayed viewing. I don't watch much on the BBC (The Bridge is, I think, the only series I regularly watched, and that's ended).

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I think The Vikings is a slightly more professionally made series. But this one has a different style and also very enjoyable. Arguable the Last Kingdom seems more realistic though it is based on a historical fiction novel..

Judderman

The Iceman cometh
The Last Kingdom has a very pious King of Wessex. Rather different to his equivalent in "Vikings". Though their aims are similar.
Another difference is The Last Kingdom is mainly involving Danes as I recall. While "The Vikings" seems to be Swedes and Norwegians. I think the Vikings in Last Kingdom are actually a wilder lot. Though in "The Vikings" they do like a good one sided massacre.
I particularly like the setting for the King of Cornwall and his throne room in Last Kingdom :D

svalbard

The Last Kingdom has a very pious King of Wessex. Rather different to his equivalent in "Vikings". Though their aims are similar.
Another difference is The Last Kingdom is mainly involving Danes as I recall. While "The Vikings" seems to be Swedes and Norwegians. I think the Vikings in Last Kingdom are actually a wilder lot. Though in "The Vikings" they do like a good one sided massacre.
I particularly like the setting for the King of Cornwall and his throne room in Last Kingdom :D
They are two different Kings. The one in Vikings is Ecgberth and the King in the Last Kingdom is his grandson Alfred who was known for his piety.

svalbard

I think The Last Kingdom ison more solid ground than Vikings. Both shows are excellent.