Books You've Reread the Most Times

Shogun 50+ times
Dune 30+
Name of the Wind 10+
Killishandra Ree trilogy 10+
LOTR 10+
The Dark Tower series 10+
Now that's an interesting group of authors...:unsure::)

Hm, I never considered "children's books" when I considered books read. Let alone books read multiple times. I would guess that a list containing "children's books" read more than three times would run on the plus side of 100. My kids loved to have me read to them, and I loved doing it.

@Extollager You've read Eternity in Their Hearts?!?! All the people to whom I've recommended the book or to whom I've given it.... have not read it. It goes right to the center of my cosmology/theology... Tolkien, Lewis, Richardson are my triumvirate of theology... Richardson's other books Lords of the Earth and Peace Child expound upon two of the examples given in Eternity. Peace Child completely blows my mind and my understanding of anglo-culture centered theology.

Yes, I have read Eternity in Their Hearts ... should reread it, and read Peace Child. of which I do have a copy. I'll have to look up that other one!

Actually, I've just looked at my bookshelf and noticed another, that I've read 30+ times.... how could forget?

A Kind of Loving (trilogy( by Stan Barstow. First book I ever read written in 1st Person. My copy cost me three shillings and sixpence back in the day... it's my comfort book, when I want to know everything is all right with my world.

@Boaz & @Extollager .... Perhaps to no one's surprise I too have read Peace Child and Eternity in their hearts. Both are mind blowing. I've used Peace Child as an illustration for my sermons a couple of times.

Its ironic you mis-titled them, then, Parson ;)

(I presume you meant The Short Victorious War and Field of Dishonor)

Groan!!! That's what I get for relying on my 68 year old memory. I did indeed mean what you said.

I have a few I reread, most are already mentioned in this thread..
Dune
Hobbit/LOTR
War of the Worlds
The puppet masters
The 39 steps
The Stand
Ender's Game
Dandelion Wine
The Mote in God's eye
I would estimate I've read them at least a dozen times

Then there's the fix up Martian Chronicles, many times reread

Also some novellas and short stories - I tend to have these permanently bookmarked in anthologies..
The Big Time.
Repent Harlequin said the tick tock man.
I have no mouth but I must scream.
King's meat.

Interesting that you chose that cut off point. For me it's just past an inflection point on the curve. Dozens of books I'm sure I've read 3 times.

Certain I've read >= 4 times:
Silverlock by John Meyers Meyers. [ And I know I'll read it again ]

Probably read >= 4 times:
Ringworld by Niven [ ditto ]
several of Rex Stout's NW novels, but I couldn't say which.

OK, are we ready to move on to books we have read three times? (Or three or more times, if you haven't responded to this thread before.)

I'll begin with SFF then expand from there. I'm not much of a re-reader, only for books I really, really love:

M. John Harrison, Viriconium, The Course of the Heart (and I've read both Signs of Life and Light twice, I think.)
Brian Aldiss, The Malacia Tapestry, maybe Barefoot in the Head? (I know I've read it at least twice)
Norman Spinrad, The Void Captain's Tale
E.T.A. Hoffmann, Princess Brambilla
Raymond Chandler, all his novels
Georges Perec, Life A User's Manual, maybe Things?
Raymond Queneau, The Sunday of Life, Pierrot Mon Ami
Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary (certainly the book I've re-read most often; at least five times)
Laurence Sterne, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy
Denis Diderot, Rameau's Nephew
David Markson, Wittgenstein's Mistress
Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
and I've read things like Jorge Luis Borges's stories over and over again, but I couldn't quantify them as *books* -- I may have read one story five or six times, another one only twice.
Etc.

Hm, I never considered "children's books" when I considered books read. Let alone books read multiple times. I would guess that a list containing "children's books" read more than three times would run on the plus side of 100. My kids loved to have me read to them, and I loved doing it.

There are days where I read Goodnight Moon 3 times between waking and bedtime!

Too many to list or even remember but here are a few.
First Light by David Wellum
The Big Show by Pierre Closterman
I Flew for the Fuhrer by Heinz Knoke
Many of David Weber's
Many of Robert Heinlein's
Parson, if you can list the bible, presumably for professional reasons, then I must list The Manuals of Firemanship for the same reasons
All of Arthur Ransome's series for children, initially for myself as a child, then to my own children
1066 and All That by Sellar and Yeatman