Posting works

Saion2018

Where does one go to on this forum to show my own writings to be viewed? I want the opinions of others and am willing to discuss changes in my ideas as well as re-editing my works.

We have a Critiques section, which is open to all members who have 30 posts. By that I mean 30 normal and constructive replies to existing community discussions, rather than 30 quick one-liners intended to circumvent that rule. :)

Hello and Welcome to the Chrons!

We have a Critiques forum where members can post short extracts of their work -- a maximum of 1500 words and it must be unpublished work -- but that forum isn't yet open to you, as members need at least 30 counted posts to start threads there.

At present we have nowhere else on the site for members to post their work.

EDIT: Brian got in before me!

By the way, I forgot to mention in my earlier post that although you can't start a thread in Critiques yet, there's nothing to stop you helping out other members by offering comments on their threads there. And since Chrons thrives on reciprocity, if you do help others, you're more likely to receive help yourself in due course, so it's win-win!

In the meantime, although you can't post extracts of your work other than in Critiques, it is open to you at any time to discuss the ideas behind your work here in Writing Discussion if you were wanting advice or general help on the issues. Though, again, that's only available if the work itself is unpublished.

(If you're wondering why I'm stressing the "unpublished" point, it's because we don't allow any self-promotion by members until they achieve at least 100 counted posts, and discussing a published or about-to-be-published work's ideas or quoting passages/posting extracts from it is seen as self-promotion and therefore frowned upon, as is, indeed, simply referring to the work by name.)

Last edited:

Back