SF series where team searches for earth-like planets for colonization, read in the late 1960s

djkatz

In this series, the team was led by a former military commander who had a bionic arm (replacing one lost in battle) and an artificial eye that could see in the dark. The doctor on the team had two bionic legs. Another team member, the science expert, was a former criminal. These three team members were in all four books. There was also a robot who helped them. In the first three books they had to deal with dangerous habitat challenges. The fourth book the world was inhabited. They traveled to and from the worlds via suspended animation.

I'm sure I'm looking for the same books. There were a bunch of aggressive apes, wasps and worms. (If I remember correctly). The science expert was black. During one of the sequences the text describes how the robot massages the people to get out of suspended animation, and how the captain got an erection during the process. Also, during an episode with the apes, they did all kinds of lurid acts of sex in front of the science officer causing a lot of embarrassment on his part.

Found them. Don't know how but I'm sure this is it;
The Deathworms of Kratos / The Rings of Tantalus / The War Games of Zelos / The Venom of Argus

Richard Avery

Back