Cocky-gate

You can't trademark or copyright titles. For example, Medicine Head's album "Dark Side Of The Moon" preceded another of the same name.

111791451584.jpg

You can't trademark or copyright titles.

Interesting... As I was wrestling with this title or that for what I've been working on, I would regularly encounter multiple works (from multiple people) which used exactly the same names/words/order/etc..

I assumed as much after, yet wasn't sure.

K2

This same thing happened with Space Marines.
Trademark Bully Thwarted: Spots the Space Marine Back Online
The problem is that amazon somehow acts upon these insane issues and begins to remove authors work from their site and it interferes with their income.

Someone at amazon needs to fire whomever is making these decisions and or put an intelligent person in charge of copyrights complaints.

However, there is still smashwords for those who are tired of fighting with stupid.

I hope to someday trademark "Star", but only for SF books and movies.

Think of the cash if you could trademark "sword", "throne" and "dragon"!

What amuses me about this whole thing is that "cocky" is, to my mind, an insult. It doesn't have a good side, much like "idiotic". Is it wanted just for pun value?
I think it's considered a positive trait for the "alpha males" so favoured by this sort of "romance" book.

I love the way the author claims: "...applied for the trademark to protect the future of my series because it helps people. It’s filled with love, hope, and respect to all human beings." And that's her justification for the trademarking saying that "I receive letters from readers who lost money thinking they bought my series. I’m protecting them and that’s what trademarks are meant for."

I've just finished Richard Morgan's Black Man/Thirteen, which is about as far from romance as you could get, so "alpha male" doesn't exactly sound like a positive thing right now.

Anyway, that's nothing. The Space Captain Smith books are filled with love, hope and respect for all human beings, most robots and arguably some aliens provided they don't make a fuss.

And that's her justification for the trademarking saying that "I receive letters from readers who lost money thinking they bought my series. I’m protecting them and that’s what trademarks are meant for."
Obviously her name hasn’t struck a chord with her fans or she isn’t as popular as she thinks if that is the case.

I love the way the author claims: "...applied for the trademark to protect the future of my series because it helps people. It’s filled with love, hope, and respect to all human beings." And that's her justification for the trademarking saying that "I receive letters from readers who lost money thinking they bought my series. I’m protecting them and that’s what trademarks are meant for."

Thank you for just insuring that I will never read this series of which it and the author I know nothing about.

K2

Come now. I should hope the titles alone would make you go "Ewwwwww". You really don't need a mnemonic to avoid buying something called "Cocky Cowboy". I repeat, Ewwwwwww.

You might be surprised at the trash I'm capable of reading... Heck, you'd be stunned by the degree of vulgar sewage I'm capable of writing. The difference is, I don't run around claiming that it is to save the world, help you find the lord, lift up the oppressed and downtrodden while righting all of the worlds ills either.

I try to be honest, you know... 'If you want to wallow with hogs in the muck and garbage, read my stuff!'

K2