Good Omens

finished this the other night and whilst I wasn't disappointed, I certainly wasn't overjoyed. actually to be honest I was a bit disappointed. I thought it focused too much on Crowley and Aziraphale and didn't tell the rest of the story adequately. I can understand the Tennant and Sheen were probably the drawcards and their story is a good one, but then so is Adam's, Anathema's, Newton's and the Horsepeople's. all of these stories felt superficial only. in my opinion another 3 or 4 episodes would have given space to get through all the storylines adequately.

I'm looking forward to seeing this when it's on the BBC.

Anyway, David Tennant interviewing Michael Sheen is interesting, including Sheen standing up for SFF (praising the likes of Le Guin and Dick) when interviewers thought Sheen would think acting in Twilight was below him. This led to Neil Gaiman contacting Sheen around 10 years ago, eventually taking Sheen to a restaurant the Feds busted while they were eating there (they found out why months later - and I can't believe the Feds said "finish what you're eating" to customers), and more recently Gaiman offering Sheen the role in Good Omens (originally the character Tennant plays):

I don't think it was supposed to be funny. They wanted to burn her alive. She bombed the lot of them.

I've just finished watching this on iPlayer. I found it very enjoyable, apart from the final episode, which went on longer than Return of the King's ending but just about managed to be satisfactory. Sheen and Tennant were great together.

Not up there with my TV favourites of recent years, but it's on the next tier down.

What kept me going was the relationship between Aziraphale and Crowley. Sheen and Tennant were marvellous and it will be a crime if they don't get a series of just the two of them.

This interview with Neil Gaiman gives some very interesting insights into converting the book into a series and also his determination to be true to Terry Pratchett's vision.

For myself I wish they could have gone to 7 or 8 episodes and not 6, so some of the bits like the other four bikers of the Apocalypse could have stayed in.

And for those of you that haven't seen it - there is a lovely music video by the nuns of the Chattering Order of St Beryl

6B28A17A-EDBD-47F2-B53C-30D461B65A8B.jpeg

But is season 2 going to be part of the BBC Xmas schedule.?