Best NextGen character?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Which was the best NextGen characters, in your opinion?

Was it Picard's firm but fair leadership, Data's attempt to understand what it meant to be 'human', Worf's funny head markings, or Ryker's failure to ever achieve Kirkness with all women? :)

I think Data is the best Next Gen character :D He tackled so many issues through his search to be human. And I felt a lot of the best storylines were written these times of growth :D

I would agree I think Data was a great Character too, though, I think it would be a three way split for me between, Geordie, Data and Worf. Because Worf then came to DS9 and we got to know him better I would probably go for him...

Though Miles O'Brian is my favourite all time character.

:D

They all worked so well together that I can never think of one without immediately associating him with at least one other...Picard and Ryker, Data and Worf...

The only character I never got into and thoroughly disliked by the time it ended was Deanna Troi...I don't know why, she just really got on my nerves...

If I really had to pick one, it would have to be Picard, with Data following as a close second

Data is my favorite, too. I forgot sometime he was just an android.
Worf was not bad either.
The problem with Deanna was the script. She didn't have many lines for a councelor.

It's a toss up for me. Data or Picard. I liked them both for different reasons. I could relate a lot to Data going through my teenage years at that time, but Picard was just the coolest man is space. He made being bald sexy.

Has to be Q for me, although I'm a sucker for the whole warrior psyche so I liked Worf too (so he could be my favourite DS9 character....damn, that's Quark! :D )

Best character? I think for me it would Data or Geordi. I also liked Troi and Crusher. I don't think they were used enough in the show, but it was nice to see female characters in space. :)

picard isnt my fave but he was the center i didnt like most of the characters i still find la forge cheesy and annoying but data and worf were easy to love.

I recently watched the entire 7-disc dvd boxset and found myself skipping the Geordie episodes. Interface, Identity Crisis, Galaxy's Child etc. BORING!

In his defence - I did enjoy Mind's Eye.

Favourite character is not a crewmember as such - Guinan!

Tough question... Picard, Crusher, Data, Riker... I'm useless at picking one favourite

Guinin was good but for a side character I always liked the two Professor Moriarty episodes, far from the worst holodeck storylines and Daniel Davis was great as Moriarty