Steve Ditko Dead At 90

dask

dark and stormy knight
Just found out Steve Ditko, first and best of all artists for the amazing Spider-Man, passed away in late June. His body was found on the 29th but it is believed he died two days before that.

Though he did the art for Spider-Man's first story in Amazing Fantasy #15, Jack Kirby drew the cover. Both claimed, last I heard, to have created Spider-Man's costume. I wonder if we'll ever know for sure.

Steve Ditko was a great artist and superb anatomist. I always thought of him as Marvel's Joe Kubert, another favorite of mine.

Truly a monumentally tragic loss to the world of comics.

I have desrructer #2 and 4 put out buy altas diktro did the art very good book.

Oh no, Ditko was the man,shocking news I wonder if Stan will be gracious when asked about his wholesale theft of ideas?
Like a lot of Marvel guys he had that weird way of looking at things and an ability to step out of the frame format, to me his best work was on Dr.Strange,but he even made Spidey trippy

like his work in spider man and the short lived atlas comic. destructer.

Spiderman, Sgt. Fury (long before Nick Fury of Shield), Hulk, Iron Man, the list goes on and on. When I first started collecting Marvel I couldn't turn around without seeing Ditko's name on something. I owned Spiderman #9 (first Electro) for a while, and could never stop looking at that cover (I eventually traded it for an equally early FF; a wrench to let it go, but I needed the book!).

Thank you Steve Ditko for giving form to what many could scarcely imagine, and may you rest in peace.