Discussion thread -- July 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

I hadn't joined yet, but I would, today, gladly accept such a challenge, chrispenycate. :)

@Cat's Cradle .... At Play .... Cat has come up with a sweet little story of a mother and daughter playing a guessing game with a twist.

@nixie .... Another World .... Nixie goes all Looney Tunes on us in an interesting twist.

@Ashleyne .... ROMANCE IS DEAD .... Ash tell us a love story with a twist of horror.

I hadn't joined yet, but I would, today, gladly accept such a challenge, chrispenycate. :)

Be careful what you wish for, it may slip in behind you and bite you on your Kipling.

great choices @Ashleyne. this should be a good, varied month of stories.

And as far as "Twist" is concerned, for some of us it might be enough simply to have a twist-in-the-tail story, but when it comes to voting some members might require more for the twist to constitute a theme. As always, when it comes to nit-picking voters, caveat scriptor!

i had this same though when i read the theme TJ, and for some reason i then thought of you.... :unsure::whistle:

@Ashleyne you're awesome! What a great theme - I'm gobsmacked you didn't chose horror again for this month (teach those fantasywantasy fans to moan :D )

I've no ideas yet. But that's usual.

golly ole England.

Parson, I can't tell you how much I laughed at this typo-malaprop. Okay, I can - I coughed when I was laughing and now feel I've torn my throat up. The word 'golly' means something else here in the UK and is a modern contraction of an even worse word. It mde me smile also because it reminded me of my mum who frequently says the 'wrong' word.

pH

My twist for this month's challange could have been that I wrote a story that doesn't make people question my mental stability.

I'm dying. :ROFLMAO:

The word 'golly' means something else here in the UK and is a modern contraction of an even worse word. It mde me smile also because it reminded me of my mum who frequently says the 'wrong' word.

pH

I just learned that last week! Oddly, I had to stop and think for a minute to figure out what word Parson really meant. I'm going to claim it's because I just got home from work and my brain is fried.

Cat's Cradle -- The joy of playfulness is captured in this charming tale.

nixie -- This surreal story of multiple realities sweeps the reader away.

Ashleyne -- With terrifying intensity, the author reveals how close passion is to madness.

Parson humbly accepts compliments? about a hilarious typo. Jolly ole England .... But I've googled golly and all I get is definitions that speak of the mild oath that I got in much trouble for when I used it as a 10 year old.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... March 2, 2003 .... Victoria brings us to a date and a place where the music lives on.

Last edited:
Parson humbly accepts compliments? about a hilarious typo. Jolly ole England .... But I've googled golly and all I get is definitions that speak of the mild oath that I got in much trouble for when I used it as a 10 year old.
If you scroll down to British Dictionary definitions here (Dictionary.com), it's the second usage. It was also a doll of the same, but better we keep clear of discussion of that, as it's a socio-political hot potato here, which is a no-no.

I never even thought about the dance, as soon as i saw twist that old annoying tongue twister popped into my head...

When a twister twisting twists him a twist,
For twisting a twist three twists he must twist;
But if one of the twists untwists from the twist,
The twist untwisting untwists all the twist

Tried something a bit different this time - I don't usually go for (or vote for) play-on-words type stories, but couldn't resist this one once I saw the theme!

Done my first draft, 76 words!
The closest ever without consciously counting.

Gonna keep it a day or two now to let it settle in my mind and then edit it to bits before posting :)

(Last time i did that someone submitted a very similar story to mine so I had to start again)

Ok I'm in.

I have re-written a 'classic' without the happy ending. Feels fairly typical of me.

I needed to get it in early in order to concentrate on the 300 - for which I currently have absolutely zero inspiration. Oh well.

*prostrates himself in admiration*

(auto correct almost made that look wierd)

LOL

I had an autocorrect issue once in a works email that changed 'Apologies for any inconvenience caused' to 'Apologies for any incontinence caused'.

Fortunately the member of the public who received the email had a sense of humour.

LOL

I had an autocorrect issue once in a works email that changed 'Apologies for any inconvenience caused' to 'Apologies for any incontinence caused'.

Fortunately the member of the public who received the email had a sense of humour.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: