(Found) Sci fi book

I remeber reading a book about a man was trapped in a cave and woke up in the future dominated by an asian or mongol empire . Cant remeber much more HELP

Also known as The Day After Tomorrow. Not sure about a man in a cave, but there was a secret (last surviving) US Army outpost in the Rockies.

The Healer, F. Paul Wilson?

...It’s a routine planetary survey, and Steven Dalt is lucky not to have died in that cave on the planet Kwashi... And now Dalt appreciates the full and true meaning of the Kwashi natives’ saying: Of a thousand struck down by an alaret, nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine will die – for he now realises that the thousandth will not die… ever. At the age of two hundred and eighteen years, Steven Dalt migrates to Tolive, the notorious world of the neo-anarchists. From there he emerges with an altered perspective on life and a new identity as the enigmatic Healer...

I'm thinking I've read this book(s). But I can't think of what the Titles or author were.
It was a book/series about a guy who while on a hiking trip in the German Alps, stopped at a small mountain Inn/cafe'. He fell into the cellar and was transported into the past, he wakes in a mountain meadow, no inn/cafe' to be seen. He ends up making his way to Poland where he discovers that he is in the time of the Mongol conquest. He has a load of adventures in which his university education allows him to thrive and eventually builds and leads an army to defeat the Mongols in their conquest of Poland.

Sound familiar?

@WarriorMouse Indeed, The Cross-Time Engineer, but you've described a large share of the story arc of four books. Quite entertaining to my way of thinking.

The precursor to Buck Rogers maybe Armageddon 2419 A.D by Philip Francis nowlan in 1920's

Its a coal mine in this book and the US is conquered by Hans during the second war for independence

That was the only book/series I could remember that had Mongols.
I'm guessing it wasn't the one(s) that Evilsportsdeamon was looking for.
But HEY! Thanks! for the 1st books title, I've made a note of it.
It's wierd what one remembers. Although I had forgotten the series titles and author's name, I did remember that the author was from Detroit. (Author: Leo Frankowski)

Last edited: