DISCUSSION -- JULY 2018 300-word Writing Challenge (#30)

Ooh, thank you for the votes & mentions! Given how late it came together and the number of 'I should've done that instead!' moments I've had this morning, it's already more than I'd hoped for. Clearly I should leave everything until the last minute!

Last edited:
Hello Eurovision from Gibsonia and welcome to the voting section of tonight's show.

My award for making me listen to Barry Manilow goes to This One's For You - @Graymalkin
My award for the best pun goes to Roadster to the Rescue - @Ursa major

My vote in the science fiction category goes to The Alien Threat - @Cathbad
My vote in the fantasy category goes to Hair Apparent - @Shyrka
My vote in the other category goes to EE Con – The Return of Malicious Malevolent Mayhem! - @Luiglin

And that concludes the voting from Gibsonia.

. In the end I went with the one I liked least but was unanimously the preferred choice of all five Beta readers. Shows what I know!
Wonderstruck!!!
Five Beta readers for the 300 word challenge?
Taking it seriously there aren't you, mon ami?

Double post due to internet shenanigans.

I will use this space to say how much I enjoy the challenge community. You are all beautiful people.

:D more of these post, please!!! :D

The challenge community turns our head,
with spaceships, dragons and walking dead.
We’ve rinsed the globe for kith and kin,
and made a safe place to write herein.
When thirty days - about - have passed,
we count the votes that have amassed.
A winner then reboots the dream,
By choosing next one’s genre/theme.

(Apologies, I’m better at cryptic eerie doggerel than the above example ;) )

pH

@Calliopenjo & @scarpelius Thank you for the Stealth Votes. I'm stunned.

I'm not one who usualy votes for a comedy - but @Starbeast is so spot on with his wonderful story!

Thank you Cathbad. You made my day shine bright.

Way out winner
@Starbeast
Vader's Elevator
(I'm still laughing)

Aww. Thanks for the awesome comment, RJM Corbet. I admit, I was giggling too, as I wrote it.

I will use this space to say how much I enjoy the challenge community. You are all beautiful people.

I highly agree with you, Stable. There's a wonderful bunch of very creative people here. I'm happy to be among them with you.

My three runners up and honourable mentions..
Starbeast

Thanks the mention bro. You made me smile.

300.30 List

@AstroZon
@HoopyFrood - VOTE
@Calliopenjo

@Cory Swanson
@Victoria Silverwolf - & Wonderful Reviewer
@mosaix - VOTE
@dannymcg
@Cathbad
@Graymalkin - VOTE
@Vaz
@johnnyjet
@Perpetual Man
@Shyrka

@Starbeast a drop of humor in this ocean of horror stories, could not go unrewarded :)

Thanks for the awesome comment Scarpelius. In the beginning, I used to write a great deal of horror stories. Now, just once in a while.

But, there are others here, that write a tale, and put a comedic (if not creepy) "zinger" at the end.

They know who they are (y) I've watched them, from outer space. :alien:

I take a break to finish a novel and come back to 5 votes! What's wrong with you people? :)

Thank you.

I'll do proper thanks in a while. Got to get back to writing. This tale won't lie down.