DISCUSSION -- JULY 2018 300-word Writing Challenge (#30)

Apologies for resurrecting this very old thread, but LittleStar was kind enough to say regarding my entry for this Challenge: A really great, well realised world and character. ... I look forward to perhaps reading more of it one day

Well, be careful what you wish for, @LittleStar ... ;)

I took the story I posted back in 2018 and indeed created more of it, namely the twelve-part monthly serial for Kraxon online magazine which has been released this year. If anyone who hasn't yet come across the serial is interested in seeing how I turned a world of only 300 words into something much bigger, tasters for each of the first eleven instalments can be found here on Chrons in the Kraxon sub-forum Kraxon or you can go direct to the Kraxon site and get the whole of them there straight away. Orison – Praying, Remembering - Kraxon Magazine

The final episode is due to be posted next week, so there's just enough time to find out what's been going on before the denouement is reached!

Thanks again to everyone who voted for my story two years ago -- those votes and the kind comments gave me confidence that a longer story might work and a nudge towards doing something about it.

Little bit of news ... I sent my entry to an editor of an American literary journal (I’ve been asked to deliver creative writing workshops for the students in an American Uni - this magazine is linked to that Uni) and got this reply:

Also, Vigil for A Mother...IS GETTING PUBLISHED IN OUR MAGAZINE! 14 editors out of 14 editors said: YES!

I’m hoping at some point when I finish a novel these writing credits will help in some small way...

Little bit of news ... I sent my entry to an editor of an American literary journal (I’ve been asked to deliver creative writing workshops for the students in an American Uni - this magazine is linked to that Uni) and got this reply:

I’m hoping at some point when I finish a novel these writing credits will help in some small way...
Ace!