Author Central US vs UK

Guillermo Stitch

Anybody have any experience with using one or both of these to update your book's page on Amazon?

My book is up now in both Createspace paperback and Kindle (KDP) editions (not linked yet so seperate links) and I am finding that if I use the edit function in my Author Central account the updates to the product description section show up fairly quickly on the US links (very fast for the Kindle, bit slower for the paperback) and eventually on the UK link also for the KDP edition.

However, the product description for the Createspace paperback on the UK site does not update and there does not seem to be an equivalent edit function in my Author Central UK account.

I'm expecting some contact from customer support but I thought maybe some of you might have experience with these sites and even, putting my specific issue aside, some pearls to share about Author Central, Amazon pages, product description do's and dont's and so on.

I case anyone was curious, it turns out the place to update the book description for the Amazon UK page for the paper back was the Createspace dashboard.

I have actually used HTML today and it worked. Unbelievable.

That has been my experience also with the createspace book; you have to make any changes through createspace.

As to the author pages. There are subtle differences in what you can do on the US Page and UK page. And then there a just a few things missing from the UK author pages that you can't do that are available in the US author page.

Getting works linked usually just happens but anything that doesn't might require a support ticket with Amazon.

Yeah, the two editions are lined now, thanks. I think it might have happened quicker because I was nudging customer support about this and that.