Possible ideas for a "All Reality Destroying" weapon.

ImperiumSega138

"Once more, unto the breach"
Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, England
Hello again, this time I need some ideas about creating a reality destroying weapons and how it could work. And when I mean reality destroying, I mean it will destroy everything in the universe, all parallel dimensions/universes, alternate realities/timelines...practically everything in all creation.
Any ideas (not just the name but how in science fiction it might go about destroying EVERYTHING).

I get that its my thing and that I should be doing this rather than asking, but I need something to help kick off my imagination

In Doctor Who Journey's End Davros the creator of the Daleks came up with device that did something like that. It was called The Reality Bomb.

That's fairly extreme. The only thing that comes to mind is something that triggers a worm hole creation chain reaction so that each star collapses in on itself to create a worm hole one after the other. You could vary the timing depending on drama and opportunity to stop it. I think it would spread through the universe exponentially.

Why anyone would use it I don't know because it's self defeating. They'd have to be crazy or in a pique of emotion. Pretty sure we'd be stupid enough to build it though.

I read a famous series recently where the number of dimensions in the universe collapse to fewer, killing anything that requires 3 dimensions to function.

But that doesn't sound as comprehensive as something that goes back to the Big Bang and thwarts it, wiping out any all future versions. Hard to imagine anything else that could kill the other timelines once parted.

Most realistically:
A virus that corrupts the super computer in which all simulated realities are hosted, including ours, while simultaneously making the progenitor civilisation who simulated us extinct.

More contemporary:
It's possible we're in a false vacuum and a bridge that connects our vacuum state to the true vacuum state could be made. In which case, it converts all entities it touches into a bubble expanding at the speed of light within which no structures could possible exist. Since we're not sure if parallel universes really are parallel or if they can interact with us (for instance look up the Giant Void, an area of space some billion lightyears wide that might well have been due to an interaction between universes), closing our vacuum state might spread to theirs too.
The bomb bridges the potential gap into the false vacuum state and ends all things we've ever known to exist.

Both are unlikely but well within artistic license of established ideas for how our reality might actually work.

Keeps me up at night ><

It's pretty tough to come up with mechanism for destroying something we don't really have much knowledge of, isn't it?
Frankly, I don't think we can do that until we have some notion of, for instance, how the Big Bang worked...(and, my guess, is still working).
But for some possibly illuminating exploration of the concept, I suggest that you take a look at the Clifford D. Simak short story "Worrywart." (Galaxy, Sept, 1953)(possibly easier to find, these days, in New Folks Home and Other Stories by Clifford D. Simak, vol. 6 of the Complete Short Stories of Clifford D. Simak -- my apologies for the long title -- which is available in e-book form from Open Road Media).
(Warning: it's a story that might make it difficult to sleep for a while.)

Just a suggestion but what about a big implosion event. Like a reverse big bang, would be kool if you have to be at the centre of the Universe to get desired effect.

Just a thought :)

IttB

Well the main villain of my saga/franchise is a being called Xanos (or if translated into English, it translates as Khaos, as the same in Greek creation myth), it is the entity of the void. It came before the big bang in the vast void that was not "empty" as a void might be thought of as, but rather a space of matter which constantly changes its structure, like waves. Its a space where matter don't exist as a solid, definite structure. Xanos plans to return or revert the entirety of creation back to the void from whence it came. Does that help with understanding why I want a total event collapse device or means to do so? I was going along the lines of more mythos/universal creation myths for inspiration for my "big bad" so to speak. What do you think?

Well the main villain of my saga/franchise is a being called Xanos (or if translated into English, it translates as Khaos, as the same in Greek creation myth), it is the entity of the void. It came before the big bang in the vast void that was not "empty" as a void might be thought of as, but rather a space of matter which constantly changes its structure, like waves. Its a space where matter don't exist as a solid, definite structure. Xanos plans to return or revert the entirety of creation back to the void from whence it came. Does that help with understanding why I want a total event collapse device or means to do so? I was going along the lines of more mythos/universal creation myths for inspiration for my "big bad" so to speak. What do you think?
String Theory may work for you... the idea is that matter, energy, time, and so forth are occilations of 1 dimensional "strings", so if Xanos can directly interact with these strings, it can control reality. Sounds kind of like what you are going for.

String Theory may work for you... the idea is that matter, energy, time, and so forth are occilations of 1 dimensional "strings", so if Xanos can directly interact with these strings, it can control reality. Sounds kind of like what you are going for.
Thank you and yes I'm a big fan of string theory, relativity and quantum mechanics, the laws of thermodynamics, etc. ;)

I thought of the name when I was 13, I'm now 23...I have never read the Marvel comics and only knew of Thanos from the first avengers film which was in 2012. I am still considering changing it but need better ideas for that name (which I'm still working on). Any suggestions?
Phil Goldstein.