#SFFPit on twitter June 28th

Juliana

95% tea
Supporter
Just a heads up for those of us on Twitter; on June 28th there will be another edition of #SFFPit, aimed exclusively at writers with science fiction and fantasy manuscripts. More info here: #SFFpit Twitter Pitching Contest - Dan Koboldt

Earlier this month I took part in my first ever Twitter pitch contest (#PitMad); I got two 'likes' and ended up querying one of them (the other wasn't a good fit). If anyone here is taking part in #SFFPit, we could maybe start a list so we can retweet each other's pitches and help signal boost.

If anyone here is taking part in #SFFPit, we could maybe start a list so we can retweet each other's pitches and help signal boost.

Do straight retweets reappear in the hashtag timeline? (Wow, look at me being all 21st century.) Even if they do, is that good etiquette? I'd have thought agents might get annoyed seeing the same pitch over and over when they're trying to read through the timeline in as short a time as possible.

Do straight retweets reappear in the hashtag timeline? (Wow, look at me being all 21st century.) Even if they do, is that good etiquette?

Yes, they do, and depending on the pitch event there will be rules about retweets. In this case, they are allowed, as far as I can tell from the rules on the website. :)

What you can't do is favorite; only agents/editors are supposed to do that not to confuse things.

I entered one a couple of years ago and got favourited by an agent, and an editor at St Martins. Unfortunately, I'd already burned through my agent approaches so I couldn't get anyone to submit to the editor. It did feel like a lost opportunity at the time, but I'm comfortable with the slow burn approach I've since taken.