Lords and Ladies-Terry Pratchett

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
This is Pratchett's second Witches book, the first being Witches Abroad (1989).
In this book Magrat Garlick, the youngest of the 3, is to be married to King Verence and must learn how to Queen. Meanwhile the Lancre Morris Dancers are preparing for an entertainment for the wedding party and helped by much intake of alcohol (Scumble) they inadvertently awaken the Elves from within the stone circle. Elves are bad. But they have style and glamour which helps to win over the people of Lancre who don't really believe theyre harmful. The witches know otherwise and along with Ridcully the slightly incompetent wizzard, who can't spell wizard properly, must set about convincing people about the true nature of said elves and doing something about them...

Utterly silly and typically Pratchett. Good stuff.

IMG_20180620_163356.jpg

I don't remember much about this book, but it does sound like it might have something of A Midsummer Night's Dream about it - would that be right?

In some ways, yes, but AE has made a couple of mistakes;

"Lords and Ladies," is the fourth appearance of Granny Weatherwax (debut: Equal Rites), and the Third Witches novel, following, "Wyrd Sisters," (1988 - we first meet Nanny Ogg and the young Magrat, who becomes involved with the Court Fool), and then, "Witches Abroad."

Ridcully the Brown is Archchancellor of Unseen University - invited to the Royal Wedding, where he meets an old flame, Granny Weatherwax (the, "Wizzard," hat is worn by a completely different Wizard, the incompetent Rincewind, who doesn't appear in this book).

While I could never see the point of Morris Dancing, you will never look at it in the same light after this

In some ways, yes, but AE has made a couple of mistakes;

"Lords and Ladies," is the fourth appearance of Granny Weatherwax (debut: Equal Rites), and the Third Witches novel, following, "Wyrd Sisters," (1988 - we first meet Nanny Ogg and the young Magrat, who becomes involved with the Court Fool), and then, "Witches Abroad."

Ridcully the Brown is Archchancellor of Unseen University - invited to the Royal Wedding, where he meets an old flame, Granny Weatherwax (the, "Wizzard," hat is worn by a completely different Wizard, the incompetent Rincewind, who doesn't appear in this book).

While I could never see the point of Morris Dancing, you will never look at it in the same light after this
Err the Wizzard certainly is mentioned in L&L!
But yea I forgot about Equal Rites and Wyrd Sisters.