Cyberpunk 2077

I'd prefer they take even more time and treat their workers right. I heard there is going to be a lot of crunch these coming months to reach this new release date.

Yeah. I don't mind that, as he was just voice acting - it's when the actor's face appears in game I find it a bit tacky and distracting. But then everyone else seems to be going wild about KR's involvement so what do I know? <shrugs>

I like the actor, even if the John Wick films have gotten a bit tacky. The problem is immersion. When that character comes on screen, I won't be thinking his CHARACTER, I'll be thinking REEVES. Yea, an actors job is to convince us that they are really that person, but he's too recognisable.

Part of me also wonders how much the devs paid to have him 'star' in the game, and whether that money would be better spent making the game better... like maybe adding a few hundred faces to the crowds so you don't see clones everywhere etc.

I'd much rather wait for a more fully developed and complete game than a half-arsed attempt to get it out NOW and try to fix it on the fly. By that time players have moved on.

These days I have as many games backed up as books. My 'to play' pile is staggering (damn Steam sales and Humble monthly). Even so, I wouldn't play a game at release even if it was handed me on a platter. I've been burned too much by game ruining bugs and DLC that slip into the core narrative of the game meaning that to play them means playing the whole thing over.

Plus they usually sell for half the price a year later anyway :)

Have been drooling over all the videos CD Projekt Red have been releasing on youtube lately. Eg just look at the amazing views of the huge city in this one!

Over the last few months they’ve been doing a really good behind the scenes series called ‘Night City Wire’ with heaps of amazing new gameplay footage. Here’s the first few episodes!

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

cloudpunk1.jpg

It looks really impressive, but I suspect there would be time limits, which is a bit of a personal "no" for me. Still, it sounds decent.

Urgh good point I hadn't thought of, I HATE time limits.. especially as I get older lol. Still apparently the game is relaxing so it mustn't be too bad.

Their stock price dropped by like a third too. They really botched that :)

Apparently it released on nine separate platforms.

May be too much...

And you know it must be serious when it makes it in the News on BBC Radio 4!

Well, it was delayed a lot, and could've been immense (apparently the PC version is fine, just has the standard teething problem style bugs) and it's horrendous on the likes of the PS4.

Probably spent most of their budget on Keanu Reeves and not enough on the game...

Probably spent most of their budget on Keanu Reeves and not enough on the game...

I knew it was in trouble the moment they went for celebrity endorsement and started hyping the hell out of pre-orders. If you look at all their previous titles you see the same bug-ridden messes as well - I don't understand how anyone was surprised by this :)

It sounds like it’s ok as a pc game but that it should have only been a PS5 game not a PS4 one.