Cyberpunk 2077

Watched Altered Carbon and really enjoyed it! Although I felt the second half of the season was not as strong as the first half.

OMG have you guys seen this???! Just as I'd hoped there's a new Cyberpunk 2077 video for E3!!!! Last year I wanted more Blade runner night city stuff (their 2018 vids were set it daylight) and sure enough we got to see that in this one!! and now they've bagged some celebrities too! ;)

Apparently real life Keanu Reeves walked out on to the E3 stage right after this went down and people went nuts lol!

Yeah, he did - and he also gave the release date of April 2020. I watched this last night:

I'm not sure how I feel about this really - I mean Reeves being involved. I didn't think it was the sort of thing CDPR would do.

Also, I know it's coming to PS4, but does this indicate that Microsoft have bought up a limited time exclusivity deal with CDPR?

Last edited:
They did have Charles Dance in The Witcher 3.

They did have Charles Dance in The Witcher 3.

Yeah. I don't mind that, as he was just voice acting - it's when the actor's face appears in game I find it a bit tacky and distracting. But then everyone else seems to be going wild about KR's involvement so what do I know? <shrugs>

I think it's awesome. Things like age suddenly don't become a problem when you star in an action game instead of an action film. Eg Mark Hamill playing a skinny fit ass kicking fighter pilot in Squadron 42.

In fact I kinda wish they'd put Charles Dance's face into Witcher 3 haha, that man is as scary as he is brilliant!

Charles Dance should have played Saruman, because of the honeyed voice.

I played Cyberpunk RPG back in the day, but probably lack the reactions (and PC spec) for the forthcoming game. It looks damn slick though, and facial texturising is almost there - a few more years and it won’t be CGI, but synthetic reality.

feedback from the game says the gameplay is uninspiring. The game may look fantastic but the game itself may be meh. That said. CD Project Red deserves the benefit of the doubt as the Witcher 3 was one of my fave games and even its gameplay wasn't the greatest.

Well, CDPR is currently one of the few remaining beacons of hope in an industry that has become lost to corporate culture. So, if anybody can do good by this game, it is them...

But I fear the continuing trend of putting all the budget into making the game look nice at the expense of content. And even then, finding the graphics is too much for the platform to handle, resulting in them having to cut it back, yet not have time to make up for the discrepancy with better gameplay. (I'm looking at you, Anthem, Watchdogs). So many games that look great in tech demos, only to not look anywhere near as good when released, and then have pitiful content...

I miss the golden age of game development, before big publishers like Microsoft, EA and Activision came along and bought out all the smaller studios... when quality meant more than money.

Pre-Dreamcast Sega, Pre-Activision Blizzard, Pre-ZeniMax Id Software, Origin Systems, Westwood Studios... there is still a gaping hole in my heart where you once were...

Last edited:
Anthem's problems were total lack of clarity and constantly changing direction for most of its lifespan. Reports (we can never know for sure, of course, but they seem credible) suggest the developers would design a large amount of the game world only to redo it, and then again, because the higher ups couldn't decide whether to have flying or not. So a lot of time got frittered away.

I'd add Obsidian and Larian Studios as good guys, right now, in gaming.

Apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon at gamescon.

Anthem's problems were total lack of clarity and constantly changing direction for most of its lifespan. Reports (we can never know for sure, of course, but they seem credible) suggest the developers would design a large amount of the game world only to redo it, and then again, because the higher ups couldn't decide whether to have flying or not. So a lot of time got frittered away.

I'd add Obsidian and Larian Studios as good guys, right now, in gaming.

I really liked Anthem when it first came out. I really, REALLY liked the flying dynamic. Gunplay was okay. Like most people, I bailed on Anthem after a couple of months. I had signed up for Origin Access Premier, which was the plan... if I didn't like it, I bail, and not have to pay $60 for a game I'd end up not liking. It certainly didn't justify the $15/month. It's shame, but hey... that's EA.

Yeah, from all I've heard (not my type of game but I sometimes listen to gaming news) it was plagued with development problems, lack of direction, and is now in the process of being abandoned by EA. We'll see if that happens or their 10 year plan goes through.

Right now I'm glad that my type of game is mostly single player RPGs. Much less affected by the games-as-a-service nonsense or microtransactions (although Bethesda are trying their best to nickel and dime people with that).

Yeah, I read that Kotaku article about how bad things were at Bioware back when it was all coming to a head. I didn't see anything about it being in the process of being abandoned by EA, though. That'd be nuts.

I play an MMO that I love. Not FTP, but no subscription either. Single player... I'm used to multi-player when it comes to fantasy. I played Borderlands 2 in single player, though.

The abandonment suggestion is from YongYea, who pointed out similarities between the withdrawal of support from Mass Effect: Andromeda and the (in-progress) reduction in mentions and postponement of content for Anthem. He might be wrong, but Anthem's a train wreck.

Sadly it looks like they decided not to show that private E3 gameplay demo however that new 15min 'Deep dive' video for Gamescon looks great!

In this version it's followed by a half hour Q&A session with the Devs. Man that nethacker whip thing looks awesome!

Disappointing, but not unexpected.
info_7zyw6u033njak3kl.png