Articles on Pratchett's depictions of women

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha
Wotcha all,

Found this series of articles by accident and thought I'd share them as I think they contain a lot of good insights on writing, particularly when it comes to showing the sort of female characters and women's stories that women love (or at least this one does). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only male author here who spends time double guessing portrayals of women and sometimes getting it wrong anyway - I think reading these could be very helpful in terms of getting it right more often.

Pratchett’s Women: The Boobs, the Bad and the Broomsticks

Thanks for the article, though I skimmed over it, I'll make it a point to spend some time mulling it over as I read it.

K2

stories that women love (or at least this one does). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only male author
Does not compute. :unsure:

I may honestly be missing something, but the article isn't about how Prachett writes convincing and effective female characters, but just that he stopped writing bad parodies of them. And it sounds like he initially did that as satire. Is there a particular part of the article that you feel offers writers advice?