Is Lucasfilm killing Star Wars?

Fin and Rey's engaging chemistry was tossed aside for an unconvincing "bond" between Rey and Kylo (compare to the way Lucas wisely deferred to the Han/Leia chemistry and abandoned Luke/Leia), Fin and Poe's entire plot was a total boondoggle, they're desperate to recapture the magic of lively secondary characters like Yoda and Boba Fett so you have pointless roles for Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro,

I feel the need to pat myself on the back here, because John Boyega shares my frustration that everyone other than Rey and Kylo was put on the backburner in this series:

Kind of interesting that Marie Tran received so much vitriol for being some sort of SJW plant, but to hear John tell it, she actually served to sideline all the "SJW" characters into irrelevant subplots so Disney could focus on Rey and Kylo (with a side of Laura Dern and Carrie Fisher telling those SJW characters they were too hot-headed and need to listen to their betters):

"Like, you guys knew what to do with Daisy Ridley, you knew what to do with Adam Driver," he said. "You knew what to do with these other people, but when it came to Kelly Marie Tran, when it came to John Boyega, you know f**k all. So what do you want me to say?... They gave all the nuance to Adam Driver, all the nuance to Daisy Ridley. Let's be honest. Daisy knows this. Adam knows this. Everybody knows. I'm not exposing anything."

Lack of character development was a major flaw throughout. Look at Captain Phasma[sp]. Could've been a great rival to Fin, instead ended up being utterly pointless.

Lack of character development was a major flaw throughout. Look at Captain Phasma[sp]. Could've been a great rival to Fin, instead ended up being utterly pointless.

In the case of Phasma . A waste of a really good character.

That’s the thing though, Phasma wasn’t a good character as she had no screen time and Disney/Lucasfilm did not show how bada$$ she was supposed to be. In the end she was just a cool uniform that we (the fans) all somehow latched on to.

Boba Fett was the same.

Last edited:
Phasma’s ending in the deleted version was eminently better and have more depth to Finn as well as her motivations. I can’t for the life of me understand why RJ chose the lesser edit.

I was convinced she’d be back in the final story because she was such an underused character but no...

Also, R2-D2 should sue for damages at the lack of use he had in these films (I’m biased as he’s my favourite character in SW)!

We did not need Dominic Hobbiton in the movie. Rose could’ve had those lines and it was a bit cringe if I’m honest. He seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. I think the Kijimi bounty hunter-esque character and the defected First Order cell leader that Finn works with on Exegol could’ve been cut and used Rose and Finn to tell those narratives instead.

But... I’ve adored the sequels and can not express how happy I was at the inclusion of B-wings after all the years of neglect!

pH
Also... Babu Frik!!! :)

It's crazy the way that the Rebels choose their fighters by what letters they can use. You can just imagine in the R&D research department at the military manufactures: "Hmmm, we've done an A, B, X and Y. How can we a spaceship in the form of a 'Z'?"