25 Most Radioactive Places

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
I knew about Tchernobyl, which I suppose everyone knew as well, but I had no idea about the others.
Hmm, so I have to ban Ontario from my possible home towns ? And Paris, too ? :eek:

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
@Alexa - These are just the "radioactive" contaminated areas, there are other areas equally contaminated in the world, caused by Oil Drilling and Gold Mining (just to name a couple). :(

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
@Alexa - These are just the "radioactive" contaminated areas, there are other areas equally contaminated in the world, caused by Oil Drilling and Gold Mining (just to name a couple). :(
Yeah, but those "radioactive" contaminated areas are more scary. You know they usually require special costumes, the kind you need to explore other planets, additional iodine treatements, etc. ;)

A few of the books I've been reading lately (along with these Isaac Arthur videos that have taken over my evening playlist) have me surprised at how much the rest of the universe is so inhospitable to humans because of radiation. Basically as soon as we leave Earth we're dead. (Unless we cross our genes with the water bears, of course.)

Also, some of us may be eating off of the most radioactive things in our house - Fiestaware!