Sir Edric and the Discounted Book

thaddeus6th

Supporter
In exciting news, The Adventures of Sir Edric, which has more than half of Amazon reviews giving it 5*, has been cut in price to a mere 99p for one week.

It's rollicking fantasy comedy that mines from the rich seam of British humour. Marvel as the eponymous knight is embarks upon tasks that could be optimistically described as suicidal, aided in his endeavours by Dog, his pathologically loyal manservant, and an assortment of companions from the sublime to the slimy.

As a reviewer wrote:
"Sir Edric is a character who is well worth your time and the book itself is well written in an easy to read style, fun filled and made me smile from the first page through to the last. I thoroughly enjoyed it."

So, if you enjoy Red Dwarf or Blackadder, do give The Adventures of Sir Edric a look. It's more fun than a ferret in custard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GCAF2CI/?tag=brite-21

It's the preantepenultimate day of the sale, so if you've prevaricated, now's a fine time to buy.

Here's a selection of quotes which don't contain spoilers:

A man, whose skin was a dreary grey, shambled into view and looked at the knight with eyes that were halfway to milky white. Blood dribbled from the corner of its mouth and it uttered a mindless moan. Potent halitosis escaped its lips when it groaned, forcing Sir Edric a little further back into his cell.
Well, at least being raised from the dead hasn’t diminished the peasant’s intelligence or personal hygiene.

That’s about as tempting an offer as a threesome with a leper and a corpse.

“Daft sod managed to get himself killed fighting a dragon. Bloody moron. I didn’t have any children by him, and was politely asked to leave. Damned shame. I only had time to filch half the gold in the palace before I had to go.”
“My sympathies on your loss.”

“Sir, are you injured?” Dog asked.
His manservant was waiting by the stairs, and rushed to his side.
“No, I’m incubating a muskrat in my trousers and don’t want to wake it up,” Sir Edric replied. “Of course I bloody am!”

Two long white banners hung either side of the solitary entrance. The first proclaimed Zeno’s benevolence and love for all living creatures, and the second showed an unbeliever being burnt alive.

“Have you ever considered trying an acupuncture bed?” Belinda asked. “They can work wonders for a bad back.”
Perhaps, but I bet the pillow fights are horrendous.

Last day of the sale (I'll return the price to normal early tomorrow morning).

Consider the woe and doom in the modern world and just how splendid a witty distraction would be. Plus, it's a five star book for less than the price of a coffee.

A few final quotes for those still cogitating:

“The notice says that some silly wench-” Sir Edric began.
“Princess Maria,” Lysandra interjected.
"Ran off with her uncle-”
“Was brutally kidnapped.”
“And is now living in a grand old house with him.”
“And is being held captive in a tower, where the uncle, Prince Kuzma, intends to auction her off to the highest bidder!”
Sir Edric sighed. “So she’s guaranteed a rich husband. Lucky her.”
Lysandra climbed onto Hamilton’s Trousers and pointed her perfectly slender finger at him. “We must save her. Women are not pieces of meat, Sir Edric.”
Obviously. Pieces of meat don’t talk all the bloody time.

Very exciting. Not unlike having a scorpion dropped into your trousers.

“You’re so very welcome to stay in our town and be shown the light of Zeno, may his pumpkin slippers be ever succulent.”

“So, what is this noble quest of yours?” Belinda asked.
Grave-robbing, mostly.

“You can’t rename a horse,” Sir Edric protested. “It’d be like renaming a person.”
Dog coughed. “You renamed me, sir…”
“Yes, but you’re a peasant, Dog. It’s hardly the same.”

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GCAF2CI/?tag=brite-21

Just changed the prices on Amazon, but takes a few hours, usually, to feed through. So, if you want 5* comedy for just 99p/c, grab it while you can.