June 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge - Discussion Thread

Not to extend the tie further, but I voted for Stealing Beauty. The characterization is excellently and disturbingly done, and the premise is deeply dark yet believable. I am not sure what depraved imagination created this story, but they did an excellent job.

And, the secret is out now that I didn't get a story in. To be honest, I dithered between a story about a terraforming organise who is repulsed by humanity and the fetal development of a monstrosity, but ran out of time to execute either. Maybe both will resurface in a future challenge...

Great job, everyone!

Looks like we have a 4 way tie and only about 6 hours to go!

As there's a 300 hundred in July (and hence no 100) there'll be no problem extending into July with a tie breaker poll if it comes to it.

The tension builds............

tumblr_nquao2aGLy1s2wio8o1_500.gif

A five way tie! Never had one of those before.

I think we once had a two way and ended up with one person choosing the genre and the other choosing the theme for the next month.

I suggest a five way tie-breaker.

It occurs to me that if D3athw4lker doesn't return then the writers will have to reveal themselves so we will all know who penned what

(In such an instance I claim dibs on the winning story)

Haha sorry dannymcg, I'm back to ensure no tomfoolery!!

Thanks Mosaix for keeping it going with the Tie Breaker Poll, looks like we'll have a definitive winner after all.

You'll need to wait and see who penned what though...

The tie-breaker poll for the June 100 anon challenge closes tomorrow afternoon.

You have just over a day to get your votes in.

I enjoyed all of the stories, but today I needed a laugh, and Dr Windows in "Hollis P. Wood's Bloated Cyst" was there for me. Good luck to all, CC

Ignore this space. I've goofed again.

Last edited:
Congrats to the writer of Such is Life - a freaky premise!

My story was Big Bad Barney so thanks to Ashleyne and M.Robert Gibson for your votes in the amazing 5 way tie breaker :)

Also thanks to the 2 who voted for my story in the original voting - it's been closed and my 'clicking' won't now reveal who those 2 were

Congrats to the writer of Such is Life - a freaky premise!

My story was Big Bad Barney so thanks to Ashleyne and M.Robert Gibson for your votes in the amazing 5 way tie breaker:)

Also thanks to the 2 who voted for my story in the original voting - it's been closed and my 'clicking' won't now reveal who those 2 were
Being able to see who voted for what is an option set when the poll is created.

‘Such Is Life’ was mine!