• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

June 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge - Discussion Thread

Joshua Jones

Not to extend the tie further, but I voted for Stealing Beauty. The characterization is excellently and disturbingly done, and the premise is deeply dark yet believable. I am not sure what depraved imagination created this story, but they did an excellent job.

And, the secret is out now that I didn't get a story in. To be honest, I dithered between a story about a terraforming organise who is repulsed by humanity and the fetal development of a monstrosity, but ran out of time to execute either. Maybe both will resurface in a future challenge...

Great job, everyone!

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Looks like we have a 4 way tie and only about 6 hours to go!

As there's a 300 hundred in July (and hence no 100) there'll be no problem extending into July with a tie breaker poll if it comes to it.

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
A five way tie! Never had one of those before.

I think we once had a two way and ended up with one person choosing the genre and the other choosing the theme for the next month.

I suggest a five way tie-breaker.

dannymcg

It occurs to me that if D3athw4lker doesn't return then the writers will have to reveal themselves so we will all know who penned what

(In such an instance I claim dibs on the winning story)

D3athw4lker

Druss enthusiast!
Haha sorry dannymcg, I'm back to ensure no tomfoolery!!

Thanks Mosaix for keeping it going with the Tie Breaker Poll, looks like we'll have a definitive winner after all.

You'll need to wait and see who penned what though...

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
The tie-breaker poll for the June 100 anon challenge closes tomorrow afternoon.

You have just over a day to get your votes in.

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
I enjoyed all of the stories, but today I needed a laugh, and Dr Windows in "Hollis P. Wood's Bloated Cyst" was there for me. Good luck to all, CC

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
Ignore this space. I've goofed again.

Last edited:

dannymcg

Congrats to the writer of Such is Life - a freaky premise!

My story was Big Bad Barney so thanks to Ashleyne and M.Robert Gibson for your votes in the amazing 5 way tie breaker :)

Also thanks to the 2 who voted for my story in the original voting - it's been closed and my 'clicking' won't now reveal who those 2 were

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Congrats to the writer of Such is Life - a freaky premise!

My story was Big Bad Barney so thanks to Ashleyne and M.Robert Gibson for your votes in the amazing 5 way tie breaker:)

Also thanks to the 2 who voted for my story in the original voting - it's been closed and my 'clicking' won't now reveal who those 2 were
Being able to see who voted for what is an option set when the poll is created.

‘Such Is Life’ was mine!