Discussion Thread -- June 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
I'm in. I'm ready for the Pool Party.

Bounces too hard on the high diving board, jumps off....and crashes into a buffet table. "Mmm, boneless BBQ chicken."

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Cathbad .... Success .... Cathbad gives us a true technological horror piece by giving us a great invention with a horrific flaw.

@Starbeast .... 100 Years of Nuclear Reactors .... Some birthdays are points of horror rather than reasons for celebration.

@nixie .... Home Comforts .... Nixie gives us an entirely new view of a horror awaiting those longing for convenience.

Parson

Supporter
@s.d. Ervin .... NEOSCIENCE .... S.D. points out that experience is the best teacher, but that it's lessons are very hard indeed.

Parson

Supporter
@Venusian Broon .... A class trip to the farm .... Ven has given us a little horror of a story about times when prevention is missed and the solution to the problem unspeakable, literally.

Parson

Supporter
@AstroZon .... Neocortex .... During an operation anesthesia is more than recommended. Amnesia is not.

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
Unless I can find my mojo I'm going to have to give this month a miss. Real life work is taking over home life this month.

Parson

Supporter
@mosaix .... Trust Me. I’m A Series 11 Robo-Doc. .... Mosaix brings a smile as he reminds us that insight isn't the same thing as being in control.

@johnnyjet .... Our Streets Are Always Clean .... The horror of Johnny's story is that this invention would find a ready market.

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
Shameless plug here -- anyone else who wants in the Sekrit Santa SSXI, please come and make a request by Monday night. Thread: SSXI

Here's what you'll be missing out on if you don't:

sinister42: Give me a steampunk noir detective story.

Joshua Jones: The standard option: a political SF about peace negotiations between a hedonistic and a Spartan society (may or may not be the same species).
OR
The "colorful" option: an uplifted pod of dolphins going on holiday to Europa.
OR
"Dinner date with a Cetacean"

johnnyjet: I'd like a story about a futuristic city that's tightly integrated with the environment.

Victoria Silverwolf: I'd like an alternate history story without any famous people in it; just how daily life is different from "our" world.

Ashleyne: I request a surreal horror focused around a seashell.

chrispenycate: I would like a story of a dragon school teacher's arrival fresh from the academy at her first teaching post. If this is too bizarre, I will take a flying forest.

Dan Jones: I'd like something about two hostile brothers with a strong sense of the absurd.