Lost Sci Fi/Horror graphic novel

Radis

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will be able to help me find the name of an amazing horror/graphic novel I read years ago and would love to have in my collection now.

Plot(as far as I remember):

In the future, an expendable penal platoon of the United States Of Europe army, is sent through an opening in the sky to another dimension (a scientific experiment gone wrong.)
Shot in a shuttle towards it, they crash land, killing quiet a few of the soldiers.
The survivors, a bunch of misfits and criminals from different EU countries, inmediately find themselves in a weird, shifting, hostile environment, populated by deadly floating monsters.
As they advance further and further in this dimension, everything turns more and more deadly and horrific.
Little by little, their numbers dwindling, they realise this place is like a giant organism reacting to their presence/invasion....I can't remember the end.

I read it sometime in the early 2000's and due to the general plot it must have been originally French or Belgian, translated to English.
It's definitely not UW1 or UW2

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could pinpoint me to the name of this graphic novel.
I have tried to search and research through the net but to no avail.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

If it was a Belgian/French graphic novel you might have your work cut out for you as there are so many. On the other hand, not much gets translated.

I don't have much time to do the research (perhaps try a search on "bande dessinee" and "sci fi"?) and I'm not that knowledgeable about the genre, but off the top of my head it sounds as though it could be part of the Aldebaran series - and I'm pretty sure some of that has been translated.

Reminds me of a 2000AD one-shot called Glimmer Rats.

556793.jpg

Goodreads plot said:
Under the autocratic rule of a federal Europe, all prisoners are press-ganged into the military to fight an incredible war against andunbelievable enemy: unearthly monsters from another dimension known as the "Glimmer." As the reluctant troopers soon learn, the Glimmer is ruled by the "Geist" -- the malevolent spawn of hell that can rend, kill, and destroy humans in a thousand different ways. The only way to survive is to be meaner, fight dirtier, and kill faster than the Geist...

Does that ring a bell?

Aaaaaaah.....You found it! After all these years!
Can not thank you enough!
If you ever need someone to marry you, call me first!:love:
Thank you again.

If it was a Belgian/French graphic novel you might have your work cut out for you as there are so many. On the other hand, not much gets translated.

I don't have much time to do the research (perhaps try a search on "bande dessinee" and "sci fi"?) and I'm not that knowledgeable about the genre, but off the top of my head it sounds as though it could be part of the Aldebaran series - and I'm pretty sure some of that has been translated.
Thank you

My pleasure. You sent me down the wrong path with French/Belgian BD, but The Crawling Chaos got there.