SSXI

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
Last chance to get requests in for this one -- I'll send out assignments either tomorrow night (Monday) or Tuesday daytime when I'm off work, depending on how exhausted I am after work tomorrow.

Anyone else want in? The water's fine!

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
Ok, folks -- assignments are out.

Let's plan on liberating the stories by Bastille Day (le 14 juillet) and we can get the whole thing over by the end of July, which is a bit past what I had in mind but still fairly short as these things go. At least two of us will be NYC-ing that weekend, but there's nothing that says you can't turn stuff in early, said nobody ever in the history of SS.

sinister42

The sinister resister.
Supporter
I have no idea whether I'll get my story done today. I also have the "nyc midnight flash fiction contest" thing today, and I have to write a drama with an airport runway and a pie (for f*ck's sake what?)

johnnyjet

Western PA High Tech Country Boy
I just finished my first (crude) draft of my story, so I'll be a bit late getting this one in. (Busy summer! Hoping for leniency since this is the first time I was ever late...I think.)

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
I'm targeting this weekend to care. :LOL:

Sorry, guys -- been wrapped up in NYC and editing jobs, so I'll try to remember to pay more attention this weekend and see where we're at. I do have some stories in, and some still outstanding -- as you probably know already.

Dan Jones

Free Omar!
Supporter
When is the deadline for the stories? I've been itching to receive mine and get involved in the guessing section.

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
Err... oops?

Yes, where are we on getting stories done? I have received a few, but most are still out there. Can we see about getting them in by this weekend?

Dan Jones

Free Omar!
Supporter
It seems as though this challenge has died on its, ahem, derriere a tad. I sent along a finished story a while ago, and I'm sure you've written at least a handful, and possibly even a glut, of stories. But I'm assuming that if Dusty hasn't put up the results / excerpts, then perhaps there weren't many responses.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

chrispenycate

resident pedantissimo
Staff member
Supporter
But I'm assuming that if Dusty hasn't put up the results / excerpts, then perhaps there weren't many responses.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong!
But I very much suspect you aren't.
I'm sure you've written at least a handful, and possibly even a glut, of stories.
A glut? Me? Actually I only finished two in July - I had rather a lot of other irons in the firre, and nobody asked me if I couldn't just manage…

But it certainly seems the Sekrit Szanta submitters lack respect for deadlines.

TheDustyZebra

Aspiring notaphilist
Staff member
Supporter
But it certainly seems the Sekrit Szanta submitters lack respect for deadlines.
I believe it's entirely possible that the organizer does, too. Although, to be fair (to me), it's more a lack of memory. I keep forgetting all about it until I see it bumped up in the New Posts.