Writing aspirations/dreams

Scookey

Author of the AD2045 sci-fi series
For those thinking aspirations and dreams don’t happen... one of mine would have been to be listed in somewhere like the Guardian, on an independently chosen best-of list. That happened this week. Work work work and see what comes of it :)
Well done, Jo! That is a major achievement! :D

FibonacciEddie

Not only a best-of, but a best-of-all-time!

I have a new aspiration. Since becoming a regular listener of BBC 4's Desert Island Discs (past and present episodes), I'd like to be well known enough to participate! That's the only reason I think it'd be good to be famous.

For a more realistic and short-term aspiration, I'm aiming to sell a short story, which I've been working hard at for the past year.
that one (Desert Island Discs) is one that I use to force myself into the tenth rewrite of the fifteenth edit ... I even have the playlist ready

OHB

Crazed Writer
Short term aspiration: Just to get my current WIP into an acceptable state. I've been working on it for 7 years and keep finding issues that I need to fix. I'm hoping this 8th draft that I'm on will be the last, but I hoped the same about the previous drafts. It's my first novel (first anything, really), so I've had quite the learning curve.

Long term aspirations: I want awards--not for fame or prize money but to have proof that other people appreciate my work and feel it has made a contribution to literature. I've been a chronic underachiever my whole life. I'd like to die knowing that my time on this earth wasn't a complete waste and that I did something meaningful.

As for levels of fame, I tell myself that I'd like to be famous enough to be on NPR's "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!" even though I have such a fear of public speaking that I'd never be able to do it.