King of Ashes ( may contain spoilers)

I've missed Feist, I also went into this with the wrong mindset. Expecting a carbon copy of Magician its not.

I recognise his writing and there are similarities with the characters,he does like his rooftops and assassins.

A generic fantasy plotline, kingdom destroyed, ruling family executed, baby saved and sent into hidden, no knowledge of who he really is.
I'm not in anyway having a go or saying this a bad thing.

So far it's an enjoyable read, not ground breaking but I expected that. I am really surprised that there doesn't seem to be any magic. It's flowing a long nicely will update when I've read more.

I was also lucky enough to get a signed copy
20180513_203821.jpg

I need to stop talking to myself.

Overall an enjoyable read, feels like he is trying for a darker tone than his other books. Oh and it does have magic.

The betrayal and destruction of a nation, a surviving baby sent to be raised by a nation of assassins, mercenaries, thieves, who never break a contract. Now he is reaching manhood, trained in the art of killing and deceit, a hidden anger he struggles to keep under control. He will soon discover his destiny and the magic inside him.

We are also following a young blacksmith with the knowledge to make jewel steel, who has fled his home to escape slavers looking for recruits.

Then there is the sisters of the deep, evil to the core, to them men are only good for three things, mating, meat or swimmer.
Don't know much about swimmers yet, seems like the sisters use magic to turn them into creatures of evil, sinking ships and destroying the crew.

Looking forward too book two.

I didn't even realize this was out already, well I guess next payday i need to drop by the bookstore. Now while I'm not Expecting it to be on the same level as the first Riftwar Saga, It still sounds like it'll be a great read.

How does it compare to the later books in the Riftwar Cycle? Is it as good as Conclave? Is it better than Dark/Demon War? He started to lose me towards the end of the series. Is this the return to greatness that I've been waiting for?

i enjoyed feist at first, but then he became repetitive and seemingly intent on destroying his own characters.
So if you feel like you're talking to yourselves, it's because i've become wary of picking up his books these last few years.