Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)

I didn't take much notice of these films when I was a child and haven't seen them since. Maybe I should rectify that!

Not by going back in time to watch them as a child, if you were wondering.

I need to re-watch these too, but also not involving time travel. This new film is still in the casting stage. I fully expect that as we get nearer to the release date, given the age and availability of the originals, the TV schedule will be filled with Bill and Ted. I didn't see them immediately either, but I was aware of their growing cult status, and they do have a certain charm. I don't think this sequel can ever recreate that, as it was partly a thing of its time, but it is totally bodacious to attempt to do so.

It has been years since I seen the first two. Gonna feel strange without Rufus, the mentor.

How did they finish that when everything else is on hold?

@Vince W Do you know, has that trailer just been released? Or, is from before the lockdown?

I'm thinking it was from before and that the "Summer 2020" date has been put back now. Even if they did manage to complete the post-production then there are no films coming out at the moment because the cinemas are all closed (and likely to be so for a while yet.) The Bond movie that is finished, and was due for an Easter release, is now coming out for Christmas instead. Some kids films have gone straight to cable TV without a cinematic release.

How did they finish that when everything else is on hold?

@Vince W Do you know, has that trailer just been released? Or, is from before the lockdown?

I'm thinking it was from before and that the "Summer 2020" date has been put back now. Even if they did manage to complete the post-production then there are no films coming out at the moment because the cinemas are all closed (and likely to be so for a while yet.) The Bond movie that is finished, and was due for an Easter release, is now coming out for Christmas instead. Some kids films have gone straight to cable TV without a cinematic release.
I believe this has just been released. Given the way things are maybe they will only release it in the U.S. for now. Or maybe they're planning to go straight to streaming.

It was pointed out to me that the date today in America is June 9th. 69, dude. :rolleyes:

I believe this has just been released. Given the way things are maybe they will only release it in the U.S. for now. Or maybe they're planning to go straight to streaming.
Well, I hope it is streaming so we can see it. I don't expect they will make much money from it, but we desperately need something new to watch.

It was pointed out to me that the date today in America is June 9th. 69, dude.

The film's Wikipedia page ("last edited on 9 June 2020") states that the release date is August 21st 2020 (and that 8, 21, 20 and 20 "coincidentally" add up to 69).

Loved the originals, and from what II remember they were (perhaps unfairly) compared to Waynes world. Whilst WW was great, I don't feel it's aged as well as B&T, Yes it's silly, but silly is fun. I'm pretty confident that this will be on of those rare occasions were the passage of time hasn't been for the worse.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was a few years before Wayne's World so I don't see how they could be compared. I expect this new film to be just as much goofy fun as the first two.

Just my personal opinion, but I lasted about 30 minutes before I tapped out. I was told that it was just like the previous two but I found a pale imitation instead. The wit was missing, and a couple of middle aged men trying to capture the original magic was awkward, at best. Maybe that's just me.

I saw it and while I don't share @Droflet's disdain, it was a bit fun but not nearly the same as the first two. Given the time that has passed and the way the world is now I thought they did a very good job making it relevant and somewhat entertaining. Will I watch it again, probably not, but as long as you don't go in expecting the lightening of the first film it has its moments.

The review I read quite liked the two daughters, and did find them funny, but it is the third in a series. Very few sequels are as good as the original and it is usually a progressive decline with each further instalment, so no great surprise in that really.

I still want to see it, but I doubt I'll see it at the cinema.