May 100 Word Anon Challenge Discussion Thread

Thanks for hosting and for the great theme. I look forward to seeing what the challenge brings!

And we have our first entry!

Note: The voting for the May 75 Word Challenge ends at 11:59pm GMT on May 28th. That's when voting will start for the 100 anon. Voting will finish after 3 days on May 31st 11:59pm GMT.

"Sea Wrack" -- A seemingly paradisaical setting leading to a horrific conclusion.

"Heaven Blue" -- A inspiring vision of youth, maturity, and beyond.

"Day Storm" -- An imaginative tale of technological danger.

"Goodbye my love." -- A tender tale of emotion under stressful conditions.

So there I am, writing my story. "Great idea!" I tell myself. All the while, I am keeping in mind the word count.

I finish, filled with confidence. Then I look down at the word count.

*heavy sigh*

So there I am, writing my story. "Great idea!" I tell myself. All the while, I am keeping in mind the word count.

I finish, filled with confidence. Then I look down at the word count.

*heavy sigh*

He's bluffing!
Anyone else notice that Cathbad only starts commenting on anon challenges when he's posted a story?
:p:LOL:

Last edited:
I've voted :)

Open question:
Is that option to change your vote a new feature or has it always been in the poll? (1st time I've noticed it!)

I got my vote in! I felt that all these were strong entries, but ultimately I was torn between three intriguing tales. I finally settled on "Waves of Equality."

"In the Beginning . . ." -- The author creates a beautiful new myth.

"My First Command" -- This realistic tale of warfare has an ironic twist.

"Here and There" -- With great verisimilitude this story reveals the use and abuse of technology.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Vote goes to "Here and There."