Tor Open Submissions for Novellas - May 2018 and July 2018

Everything has been very quiet at my end ... still waiting on platform 44 for the train to go to platform 43!

I didn't expect to caught in the waiting game I must admit. Hey! There must be at least a snakes and ladders type board game that can represent submitting short stories to publishers?

Everything has been very quiet at my end ... still waiting on platform 44 for the train to go to platform 43!

I didn't expect to caught in the waiting game I must admit. Hey! There must be at least a snakes and ladders type board game that can represent submitting short stories to publishers?

The Tor team must've left the building early for Thanksgiving *grumble grumble*

And I guess that over here in Chrons, it's just the two of us waiting on Tor...

Just to let you know I got the thumbs down for my novella today. So you are the only one left, bluestocking. Good luck. (And you'll have moved at least one place up the queue!!)

Just to let you know I got the thumbs down for my novella today. So you are the only one left, bluestocking. Good luck. (And you'll have moved at least one place up the queue!!)

Sorry to hear :( Now you can find a publisher that will appreciate it ;)

K2

Oh no! *Sends Serendipity a pint of triple chocolate ice cream* So you'll be waiting for the next round of open subs at the other two places mentioned further upthread?

I'm at #464 now - moved a whopping 20+ places. Now Moksha tells me that I've an average of 61 days to wait for a response. Don't think I'll hear anything until after the New Year then. And I'm hoping not - some other more battle-scarred author friends told me that the winners are usually the last ones to be informed.

Blimey, the submissions are still being sifted? Not sure what to say about that, but after so long I think you're well within your rights to chase them up and ask what's going on.

I am sorely tempted to pitch my novella to another publishing house.

Problem is, I got wind that one of the editors doing the sifting is a huge fan of DEAD LIKE ME and PUSHING DAISIES (she said so herself on Twitter). PUSHING DAISIES is definitely an influence in my writing and the themes of comedy in life after death (one shared with DEAD LIKE ME) is one of the cornerstones of my storyverse.

So now I'm like: I will give them til Valentine's Day (which I figured would likely be the case anyway) and if still nada, I will go pitch to someone else.

I am sorely tempted to pitch my novella to another publishing house.

Problem is, I got wind that one of the editors doing the sifting is a huge fan of DEAD LIKE ME and PUSHING DAISIES (she said so herself on Twitter). PUSHING DAISIES is definitely an influence in my writing and the themes of comedy in life after death (one shared with DEAD LIKE ME) is one of the cornerstones of my storyverse.

So now I'm like: I will give them til Valentine's Day (which I figured would likely be the case anyway) and if still nada, I will go pitch to someone else.
I like Pushing Daisies, so having seen it mentioned I just have to say I like it! I'm yet to watch series 2 and was already considering watching it next.