Tor Open Submissions for Novellas - May 2018 and July 2018

Honestly, I'm not overly disappointed. I was only joshing with HB; I do actually think the version I subbed was stronger than the first draft that he saw.

Still, as you say, @Serendipity, I will act upon their feedback , trim it back down and try again. Good that they sent some feedback so I ought to act upon it. I might hold fire until (if) I get hold of an agent though, as these novellas as tricky to sell (my current publisher said she wasn't overly interested even before I'd outlined the premise) and there aren't many open calls for the Great Unsigned.

You might want to try subbing to NewCon Press. They publish novellas. In fact, they just launched (or are about to launch) a set of SFF novellas.

You might want to try subbing to NewCon Press. They publish novellas. In fact, they just launched (or are about to launch) a set of SFF novellas.
Newcon Press say that they are not open to unsolicited submissions on their website currently - that of course may change in the future. In addition to those open for novella submissions on the grinder, there's Twelfth Planet until 30th November and Castrum Press will reopen their novella submissions sometime in October. Hope this helps.

Newcon Press say that they are not open to unsolicited submissions on their website currently - that of course may change in the future. In addition to those open for novella submissions on the grinder, there's Twelfth Planet until 30th November and Castrum Press will reopen their novella submissions sometime in October. Hope this helps.

If you and I are still stuck in Tor's queue until December, we'll miss the Twelfth Planet and Castrum Press deadlines...

If you and I are still stuck in Tor's queue until December, we'll miss the Twelfth Planet and Castrum Press deadlines...
There are currently c. 65 presses on the grinder open to novellas, though the vast majority do not pay.
But as Jo has just said, Castrum will be open yet again next year, and I suspect so will Twelfth Planet as they have been around for quite a while now.
Hope this helps.

There are currently c. 65 presses on the grinder open to novellas, though the vast majority do not pay.
But as Jo has just said, Castrum will be open yet again next year, and I suspect so will Twelfth Planet as they have been around for quite a while now.
Hope this helps.

Yup. I really need to present my little kitsune to the world. She's already accidentally inspired fan art...

(Aside to audience): Heh heh. That's one epic fantasy series and one novella successfully scuppered. But how long before the dolt sees the pattern?

*goes off to grow a proper twirly moustache*

And you would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for your meddling guilt!

So? I'm kind of missing the countdown to mark the passing of time by.

K2