Siren

1. Judderman

Judderman The Iceman cometh

Is anyone else watching this new Mermaid based series? It is a bit sci-fi, a bit fantasy, a bit horror, a bit young persons drama, a bit action. The first 4 episodes are overall very good. The Mermaids themselves are well acted with convincing movements.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:27 AM
  2. Droflet

Droflet I don't teach chickens how to dance.

I gave this three episodes then couldn't go on. I bit too dumb for me. But, each to their own.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:48 AM
  3. Rodders

Rodders |-O-| (-O-) |-O-|

An unusual topic, to be sure.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:30 AM
  4. Judderman

Judderman The Iceman cometh

The 3rd episode had quite a chunk that seemed on the dumb/silly side. Four seemed pretty good again so hopefully it wont drop into dross. I imagine it will be a tough one to make a decent story for more seasons. Maybe one more. The Mermaids need some reason to be coming back to shore and it can't just be them being captured repeatedly. Or perhaps they will decide to live among the people..

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:42 PM
  5. Alexa

Alexa traveller space dreamer

I watched the first 2 episodes and apparently I missed the other two. I don't like horror movies, so some moments were difficult to watch for me. Not impressed so far.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:08 AM
  6. Anthoney

Anthoney Bearded Member

I've been watching. I like the concept of the man eating mermaids and how it works. I also like the strange girl that got to play Rin. They do use makeup on her but she looks strange or other worldly naturally.

The main dude's acting os a bit stiff and clumsy. Hopefully he'll improve over time. The two friends could also stand to be tuned down a bit.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:17 AM