Adrian Tchaikovsky: dogs of war

Danny McG

"Kree kruh vergo gebba kalto kree!"
I saw this book today but it seemed a bit pricey (W H Smith £12.99)
I was just wondering if anyone in here has read it yet.

If so is there any chance of a little review/ recommendation as to ... Is it worth buying?

Cheers :)

I'm also curious about it. I like Tchaikovsky's other books that I've read but I haven't read this one yet. It's hard to keep up given how fast he publishes new material, I think he has at least four books coming out this year.

R.E.A.D it. NOW!
I'm working on a review for SFFworld right now.
I think you can get it cheaper on ebook, (https://amzn.to/2qEdfd8) but Head of Zeus has done a brill job of putting together a high quality hardcopy, and I'm glad I bought the hardback. There's a lot of work gone into that cover that only makes sense once you've read it.
AI meets Bio tech for warfare with a commercial backer. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
You follow Rex, who is part of a team of Bioforms sent to deal with "the enemy". Like in any tactical team each member (Bees, Dragon and Honey) have their own skill set. The perspective of Rex allows you to grow with the AI instead of seeing how it is being controlled by humans. Tchaikovsky's love of insects shows in Bees and you can tell he enjoyed writing it.

it's a real quick read, clever, and well written - as you would expect.

Oh.. and if shopping at W H Smith and there's a few things you want. You can get £5 off a £25 spend use code April5
This will work with some of their 3 for 2 too.
Code expires on 18th April I think

Thanks very much :)

I'm back in town on Thursday so will treat myself to it then

Prob get a nagging -
"what? Another book? You waste good money every month blah blah blah"

I see some of Tchaikovsky's e-books seem to be heavily discounted at Amazon. I picked up his novella Ironclads for £1, I normally prefer physical books but the hardcover is priced at £25 which seems excessive. Children of Time is also on sale as an e-book for £1.

I'd struggle to pay £25 for a book, too. I would really need to love the HB cover. Libraries are your friend, people. E-loans are available too!
I know I keep banging on about it, but these little places are so easy to forget. BONUS: no more book towers ;)

Based on Vertigo's review, I have just downloaded this from Amazon. Rather pleased to find that it was only £2.99

Finished this just now. It brought a tear to my eye. Beautifully written. Hands down, the best book I have read this year.

I felt enough about this to get the hardback version for my little collection. Had to get it from the US. Pretty good condition.