Protocol query

1. s.d. Ervin

s.d. Ervin The internet is PEOPLE!

I have a novel which is currently available on inkitt.com. This is a crowd-sourced publishing enterprise based in the UK. I get credit towards an eventual publishing deal for any chapters read. I would like to provide the link on this site but I don't want to overstep. Any advice?

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:42 PM
    Jo Zebedee likes this.
  2. Brian G Turner

Brian G Turner He's a very naughty boy! Staff Member

Firstly, welcome to the chrons forums @s.d. Ervin , and thank you for asking first. :)

As to your question - we don't allow self-promotion by members who have less than 100 posts I'm afraid - an unfortaunte necessity to avoid spammers, while also encouraging members to join in with the discussions.

As for inkitt.com's publishing deal - I struggle to find any information on things such as rights, royalties, and other basic contract necessities. And, frankly, if someone were able to generate a huge amount of interest on site then it would probably be better to publish directly without them.

Frankly it comes across as less professional and more opportunistic, and not something that should be considered a serious publishing platform. You may find a lot of our members may feel similar.

However, if you are deadly serious on becoming a published author - whether through traditional or self-published means - we've a ton of resources, help, and experienced members here. :)

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:14 PM
  3. s.d. Ervin

s.d. Ervin The internet is PEOPLE!

Thanks for your response (rare as a unicorn in this mosh pit paradigm in which I find myself). Here's the deal, I'm an old man. I've written this story as penance for the eco-sins of my contemporaries. I'm not interested in serializing or anything beyond getting the message out. I have the mission of a biblical prophet along with the commensurate IT skills. I shall, then, avail myself of your good graces, young master Turner. Put my foot on the first brick to Oz.

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    Boneman likes this.