The Perp Challenge(s)

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
I've been thinking, and yes it hurt.

Time has marched on since I ran the Perp challenge back over Christmas, where it conflicted nicely with the 300 word challenge. But the competitors seemed to really enjoy it.

I am not adverse to bringing it back as a semi-regular challenge, but need a few things to be agreed on by the moderators and the Chrons writing community as a whole.

1. When would it take place? Not monthly, probably quarterly, to use the 'free' month when the 300 hundred is not in play or voting is ongoing.

2. There would be a prize.

3. The format of the challenge would shift and change each time. It would not be a standard number of words/theme/genre challenge. Like last time it would be a different type of challenge.

4. Would it be possible to make it part of the challenges rather than in the workshop, or is it better to keep it in the workshop?

And of course any other queries etc people might throw in my direction. Questions, ideas rather than solid items please.

Err... this appears to have been thoroughly missed? I just noticed it myself, and I'm shocked to see no replies. I wonder if it got lost in the forum changes, which made it harder to see the subforums.

Anyway, speaking for myself, I'd say it's better to leave it in the Workshop, since it wouldn't be an official Challenge and we've always kept the odd ducks over here. In nice, neat rows, of course. And I like the Perp Challenge and hope it continues in whatever form, so long as someone nudges me to tell me there's one going on. Make that part of the official rules.

I don't even know what this all means...but no, I never saw this thread when Perp started it -- I guess it took Dusty to give Perp a little PR...

I'll probably be very bad at whatever the challenge is; but since there are prizes, I can hope for a "participation" trophy...
(I'm probably already out of the running for any sportsmanship trophies...)

Methinks Perp has amazing patience, because I would have fatuously bumped my own thread a dozen times so far in this amount of time. :p

I don't know what this is.

I'm in.

That's the spirit! :LOL:

You can find the original Perp Challenge not too far back in this section, but of course that won't help since he says the next one will be different. Might give you an idea of the possible scope of the thing, though.

Perp, I loved the last challenge and would certainly give another one a go..... And how did this post exist without any repies for a month???!!!! There has to be a gremlin in the works somewhere.

I'm always up for a new and different writing challenge. I enjoyed the last one a lot. I'd say quarterly or at your discretion, since the challenge bears your namesake.

That surprised me, the thread becoming active again!

As there seems to be a bit of interest, I'm sure there will be another Perp challenge or two in the future... just not the immediate future.

Just going through an impossible six or seven weeks, and have a lot to absorb and adjust to. Will get there in the end.

I missed it.

Count me in, help to boost numbers although not quality.
Now @nixie, you have made threats of pixie based violence against me for saying similar things...

Back to the OP, I didn't see this thread either (or, if I did, my sleep deprived brain blocked it), but I would love to participate in this challenge again! If we do the "shortest entry" part, I may wait until the last day to post, so certain interlopers don't spoil my game... but, please bring back this challenge! I thoroughly enjoyed it last time!

Back