Foundation series anounced...

This could be an interesting series.

I remember reading the Asimov Trilogy back in school, but I don't remember that much about the story, just that I enjoyed it.

If the Foundation TV series proves successful, what are the odds of similar adaptations for his Robot and Empire books?

Another question regarding the proposed Foundation adaptation - will the writers keep faith with Asimov's tone of writing, or will it be updated for a more contemporary audience.

Hope it works out because the Foundation books remain a firm favourite for regular reading.

Im reading second foundation right now. I hope this turns out well, there is plenty of potential.

If the Foundation TV series proves successful, what are the odds of similar adaptations for his Robot and Empire books?

Another question regarding the proposed Foundation adaptation - will the writers keep faith with Asimov's tone of writing, or will it be updated for a more contemporary audience.

Hope it works out because the Foundation books remain a firm favourite for regular reading.

That would be cool. :cool:

Had not heard this.
HBO , with Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy had this for a while, I had heard that HBO let their option lapse when Westworld became a hit. I think Foundation will have to be 'action-o-fied' but then Amazon did a bizarre thing in making Dick's Man in a High Castle .... that story is very modified for TV but still Dick-Weird ..... and there is a 3rd season!

I don't think I've read these books in over 25 years. I probably won't revisit them ahead of the series so as not to bring too many preconceptions to the party...

It has been a wile since I read it . If I remember it correctly, it is mostly pople standing about in rooms chatting . The story stretches over a long period , with characters diapering and unrelated ones taking over . One of the best ides was a character , I have forgotten his name , has a nuclear bomb hidden in a tooth.
I think it would be quite dull if it is like the original .

Last edited:
PS. What I find so annoying is that the makers of these series seem to look at lists of what's best known regardless of quality. Asimov. Dull. Shanarra. Interminably dull. Where are the tv makers looking at Perdido Street Station, or The Light Ages?

Terry Gilliam needs to tackle Perdido Street Station. Or Guillermo Del Toro.