Discussion Thread -- April 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Congratulations, @HoopyFrood on a well-deserved win!

Thanks for the listings by Hugh, LittleStar, The Judge, TheDustyZebra, and Ursa major.

And a special thanks to crystal haven, Graymalkin, and Phyrebrat for the unexpected votes!

Its always nice to get mentions and votes, but when the competition is so tough, it's especially great and humbling.

Congratulations to Hoopy.

A thousand apologies for failing to vote - in my defence, I spent the weekend in the wilds of Hampshire where internet is apparently unheard of. Still, I should have seen that coming.

Also, thank you for everyone that mentioned my entry. I didn't expect much from it so they were a lovely bonus.

Congratulations to Hoopy.

A thousand apologies for failing to vote - in my defence, I spent the weekend in the wilds of Hampshire where internet is apparently unheard of. Still, I should have seen that coming.

Also, thank you for everyone that mentioned my entry. I didn't expect much from it so they were a lovely bonus.

You should visit New Hampshire. They have wilds there, but I think they also have internets in some of the larger towns and villages.

A every belated post for last month:

I voted for Hoopy, and to be honest there were not really any contendors for me.

My initial idea was something a little bit similar to hers, but I could not have given it half as much justice as she did.

Somewhere during the percolating ideas stage, I received some news that was upsetting, profound and will (without hyperbole) change my (extended family's) life forever. Just from the title of my entry, you should be able to work out what that was.

Thanks for the few mentions - I was not expecting much, this was very much me reacting to things.

And a huge thanks to Parson. He knows why.

Back